Bajaj Auto has launched refreshed versions of their 3-wheelers which now, come across with a slew of improvements and features. Bajaj is world’s largest 3 wheeler manufacturer and this step will further help them increase the lead.
Here are the main pointers and features of the new Refreshed RE Compact 3-wheelers:
- 7 Variants on offer
- Come in 2-stroke as well as 4-stroke engines
- Are powered by petrol, CNG and LPG fuels
- Come with DTSi engine, easy repair technologies, easy serviceability.
- The new RE also come with a new face and a few cosmetic changes
- Improved fuel efficiency of around 10-15%
- Lower maintenance costs
- Better ergonomics for driver as well as passengers
- Stronger chassis
- Compatibility for tall drivers with ergonomically placed shift levers and pedals
The Pune based major has an 85% market share in this small sized autorickshaw segment and the company expects this new range of Compact RE’s to help them expand this leadership. Bajaj also claims that users of these 3-wheelers will be able to save upto Rs 20,000 per year with these new refreshed RE range of three-wheelers, because of the increased fuel efficiency as well as lesser maintenance costs.
Bajaj added that the new RE Compact three wheelers have undergone extensive testing including customer trials for more than 200 days with more than 100 customers testing them with varied driving styles and conditions. While the RE Compact petrol 2 stroke is powered by a 145.45cc engine which churns out a peak power output of 9PS at 5000 rpm, the 4-stroke version gets a 198.88cc motor which produces 12PS of maximum power at 6000 rpm. Both these are mated to a 4 speed gearbox + reverse gear.
RE-Compact will be launched in a phased manner across the country. And the company will also launch the diesel version of RE Compact in a few months from now.
Bajaj RE Compact Specifications
|Features||RE COMPACT Petrol 2 Stroke||RE COMPACT Petrol 4 Stroke|
|Cubic Capacity||145.45 cc||198.88 cc|
|Transmission||4 forward + 1 reverse gear||4 forward + 1 reverse gear|
|Wheel Base||2000 mm||2000 mm|
|Overall width||1300 mm||1300 mm|
|Overall length||2635 mm||2635 mm|
|Overall Height||1692 mm||1704 mm|
|Kerb Weight||322 Kg||337 Kg|
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it