2017 Beat launch will be the first introduction in this series of three cars…
Chevrolet India is going through a tough time. All the cars sourced from the Chinese and South East Asian markets failed to get the desired results. The only car which has still managed to get some decent numbers for them has been the smart-looking Beat hatchback. The funky looks, motorcycle inspired dials and decent build quality have kept the car alive.
To build on their largest selling small car, the US based maker is going to lend it a comprehensive update, after what seems like an eternity now! Unlike the global model, which receives a new-gen version, the 2017 Beat appears to be a facelift for India, and is based on the existing car.
It appears that the car is in its final stages of testing going by the frequency (of spottings) and completeness of the test mules. After Overdrive and Carwale.com, we have spy pics of the car from CarDekho.com which also give us a sneak into its interiors.
2017 Beat – New vs Old – Changes
Here is the list of changes we can notice….
- The latest spy pics reveal that there will be a new bright orange colour on offer.
- New tail-lamps
- Registration plate housing moves to the bumper. (Existing Beat has it on the tail gate)
- Rear reflectors are now spaced out a little.
- New headlamps which are less sporty but render a more mature look to the car
- The sleeker front grille now connects both the headlamps
- The front and rear bumpers are modified to accommodate the changes.
- On the interior front, the 2017 Beat comes with a redesigned dual-tone dashboard. It also gets a new instrument cluster along with a few other refreshments.
- Overdrive also reports that the new Beat will get MyLink infotainment system which, when connected to a smartphone, mirrors its screen. Update – now spotted in latest spotting.
The exterior design, as expected, shares a lot of cues with the Essentia sedan and Beat Active the, other two cars being prepared by Chevrolet for our market (apart from the Next-Gen Trailblazer and New Cruze that are being planned in the coming two years). Interiors are also expected to go through a fairly detailed overhaul along with new additions to the features list.
If we talk about powertrains, expect 2017 Beat facelift to continue to be powered by the same 1.2 litre petrol and 1.0 litre diesel engines with minor tweaks to churn out higher overall efficiency.
While we are at this, and hope that Essentia (the sub 4 meter version of this Beat hatchback) will get the regular 1.3 liter four cylinder diesel engine, Chevrolet should offer it as an option (or even as standard) in one or more higher variants of Beat.
2017 Beat Launch
Since the car has dropped its camouflage, and looks production ready, its introduction is not far off. According to the report, 2017 Beat launch may take place around July this year (or earlier). Chevrolet is selling the current Beat at massive discounts and expect the new Beat to carry an aggressive price tag.