Without creating any kind of hullabaloo, Chevrolet has launched the new 2013 version of their Cruze sedan as has been speculated from the last few days.
They have announced it at their official Facebook page. As has been the trend with facelifts, new Cruze doesn’t get changed a lot; wee bit of changes here and there and it becomes the new Cruze.
Here are the changes we can notice in 2013 Chevrolet Cruze facelit:
- Slightly redesigned grille and headlights
- Modified new alloy wheels
- New fog lamps and fog lamp enclosure design. They come with chrome outline
- It also gets additional 2 curtain airbags on the top LTZ variant. LT variant continues with 2 front airbags only.
As expected, the stonker of 2.0 liter diesel motor has been left untouched. It produces segment leading 166PS of peak power and 380Nm of maximum torque.The 6-speed manual and automatic transmission options continue to be offered.
2013 Chevrolet Cruze Facelift Prices
According to Chevrolet’s official site, the new Cruze facelift starts at a price of Rs 13.75 Lakhs. Here are further details:
- 2013 Chevrolet Cruze LT (Manual): Rs 13,75,580
- 2013 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ (Manual): Rs 15,25,573
- 2013 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ (Automatic): Rs 16,15,993
Chevrolet lists the ARAI rated fuel efficiency of manual Cruze at 17.3kmpl and the same has been missing for the automatic variant. This mild update comes at a moment when Skoda’s Octavia has just been injected in this segment and has been reportedly doing pretty well.
Will Chevrolet be able to pull Cruze’s sales with this minor niptuck job?