You are in the market for a utility vehicle which can lug 5 to 7 people in relative comfort. For its plain drab interiors you do not like the Scorpio and Duster/Terrano just do not feel premium enough for their price tag.
Mahindra’s XUV500 goes over your budget, then what option do you have?
How about the recently launched entry level XUV500 W4 which comes at a greater than 1 Lakh price slash over the next W6 variant? If you are considering buying one, here are a few exclusive interior exterior pictures of the latest launch to give you a clear hang of what goes off the list and how does the car finally manages to look without all the bells and whistles!
You can open any image in higher resolution.
1. Mahindra XUV500 W4 Front
So here is what goes missing:
- Missing fog lamps
- Missing side skirting (not visible in this pic, check other pics for this)
- Missing Static Bending lamps (Pic not close enough). Static Bending lamps are additional bulbs in the headlamp cluster which lights up the side-road as soon as you turn your steering for a turn.
- Tyres: This particular vehicle came shod with Maxxis branded tyres against the JKTyre, Apollo or Bridgestone of the regular XUV500s. Size, specs, wheel size tubeless everything remains same.
- However, despite the minor slashes here and there, the basic layout and the fierce love-me-hate-me looks have been carried forward.
2. Mahindra XUV500 W4 Steering Wheel
Here is a shot of the steering wheel of XUV500 which showcases the following:
- No audio controls
- No voice commads
- No Cruise control
- W4 gets a tilt power steering, however its not telescopic
- Notice drive side airbag
3. Mahindra XUV500 W4 Center Console
Here is the shot of the center console showcase the following:
- XUV500 W4 doesn’t come with either a 6 inch touchscreen infotainment system of W8 or the basic monochrome infotainment display of W6. Instead, it just gets a clock and a very small screen which displays volume etc.
- XUV500 W4 also misses out on the DVD player/DIS in-built infotainment system and gets a basic music system with CD and MP3 capability. Sound from the radio we heard was just average and well below the W8 system.
- Notice that the top glovebox is fixed and doesn’t open
- It also misses out on chrome outlines and richness.
- Also notice the missing cover of the charging socket box. It doesn’t have the aux-in and USB at this place. Also the charging socket is present only at the front. Not available for the second or third row passengers as in other variants of XUV500.
4: Mahindra XUV500 W4 Instrument Console
Here is the instrument console:
- It retains its analogue-digital display
- Notice the absence of chrome outlines on the two center-pods
- Continues with digital trip & tacho
- While the left pod does display the gears, we could not ascertain if the right one continues to be the temperature gauge.
5. Mahindra XUV500 W4 Dashboard
Here is the dashboard pic:
- The interiors are done in light walnut brown dual tone.
- 2 tweeters on the dashboard absent
- Notice the passenger side airbag
- Also notice the absence of sunglass holder and conversation mirror at the top
6. Mahindra XUV500 W4 Gear Lever, Arm Rest etc
- This arm-rest cum box is non-movable
- It is not cooled as well
7. Mahindra XUV500 W4 Glovebox
- It continues with its independent light
- Should be cooled (Not verified)
- The box you see here are the wheel caps of the car.
- It was told that they are exactly the same as other variants
We do not have a pic of the rear of this W4 variant but is exactly the same as the regular variants. Apart from the ‘W4′ badging at the rear.
Apart from this XUV W4 also misses out on the following features:
- Smart-rain sensing wipers
- Intelligent light sensing headlamps
- Glass embedded antenna
- Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control
However, it continues with the following features:
- Digital immobiliser
- Disc Brakes on all 4 wheels
- Chrome scuff plate for both 1st and 2nd rows
- Roof rails
- Power adjustable ORVMs (however they are not power foldable)
- Driver seat height adjust & adjustable seat belts
- Flip key with remote central lock
- All 4 power windows
- Rear wash and wipe and demister
- Follow-me headlamps
- Split seats
Points to Note:
- XUV500 W4 comes only in two colour options – Silver and Black.
- The interior theme in both of them is consistent
- Upholstery is slightly lighter dual tone and has a different fabric as well (visible in a few pics)
XUV500 Variants Prices:
Here are the prices of all the variants of XUV500 ex-showroom in Delhi:
- Mahindra XUV500 W4 Price: Rs 10,95,000
- Mahindra XUV500 W6 Price: Rs 12,01,770
- Mahindra XUV500 W8 Price: Rs 13,60,821
- Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD Price: Rs 14,64,329
As you can note XUV500 W4 comes at more than a lakh cheaper than the next W6 variant and in our opinion is sufficiently loaded for the price it commands specially looking at the overpriced competition.
Featured above is the XUV500 W4 with white W8 variant. On the W6 and W8, the pillars are all blacked out as you can notice, whereas W4 misses out and follows the basic body colors on the pillars.
We have listed all the details with exclusive interior and exterior pictures of the SUV for you to decide better. Do check more pics in the gallery below. So, will you?
Also Check out our complete coverage on Mahindra’s upcoming compact SUV S101
Mahindra XUV500 W4 Pic Gallery
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
Don't Miss This...
- Next-Gen Figo Spotted at a Secret Location; Closest Shots Yet
- Audi Bengaluru Central: Audi’s Second Showroom in Bangalore; Guwahati & Ranchi Coming Soon
- We Told You! Avventura and Punto Evo T-Jet Coming in 5 Months
- Tata Bolt’s New TVC Focuses on Multi-Drive Feature of the Car
- Bolt’s Prices are Precariously Close to Zest’s Original Launch Prices: Comparison