Often called as the National Engine of India, Fiat’s MultiJet diesel engine has been one engine which is used by many manufacturers here in India on their cars. We have many people who come to us and ask us about all the cars which run on this engine. To save you out of this confusion here we compile a list of all Indian cars that carry this fabulous engine.
List of Companies That Share this Engine in India:
- Tata Motors
- Maruti Suzuki
- Hindustan Motors (Expected)
There are broadly the following forms in which this engine is used in India.
- One which produces 75PS of power and 190Nm of torque – mostly used in B segment hatchbacks. These cars generally use Fixed Geometry Turbo. General Motor’s latest Sail U-VA and Sail sedan use this in this FGT form but power and torque output stand at 78PS and 205Nm
- Second, which produces 90 PS of power and 200Nm of torque – for heavier cars and C-segment sedans. These cars generally use Variable Geometry Turbo.
- And then there is the third category which is a 3-cylinder form which is used on Chevy Beat Diesel
List of All Current Cars Which Use Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine
- Chevrolet Beat TCDi
- Fiat Linea
- Fiat Grande Punto
- Fiat Linea Classic
- Fiat Grande Punto Sport
- Maruti Suzuki Ritz
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki SX4
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet
- Tata Vista D90
- TATA Indigo Manza Quadrajet
- Premier Rio 1.3 Multijet
- Chevrolet Sail Hatch
- Chevrolet Sail Sedan
- Chevrolet Enjoy MPV
Upcoming Cars That Will Use Fiat’s MultiJet Diesel Engine
- Ambassador CS (Expected)
- Chevrolet Beat facelift
- Tata Falcon Crossover
- Fiat’s New Cars
- Swift facelift
- Ritz Facelift
- Tata Falcons
- Maruti YL1 Sedan
A bigger 1.6L Multijet diesel is also coming to India and will debut on Next-Gen Fiat Linea which is scheduled to be launched early next year. Test mules of which we broke out exclusively on 13th August 2013. Furthermore, Maruti’s crossovers will also use this bigger motor from Fiat (Read More).
You Might Also Like
- Premier Rio to Come up with 1.3 Fiat Multijet Diesel (2)
- New Fiat Linea To Come With 1.6L Multijet Diesel Engine; Launch Early Next Year (6)
- SUV Junkies Rejoice; JEEP Coming to India Next Year (0)
- Remember Opel Corsa? Latest-Gen Caught Testing in Bangalore (0)
- FIAT Considering JEEP and 500X Models for India (0)
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- List of 6 Launches this Month – From budget hatch to mid-sized Crossover!
- Datsun GO: Expected to Start at 2.99 Lakhs: Launch Within 2 Weeks: First Hand Details
- The New Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4: a God Infuriated!
- Tata Launches 10 New Prima LX Trucks; Priced Under the Prima Range
- Tata Nano Diesel is back! Caught on the roads testing; Launch uncertain
- Is Ford testing 1.0L Ecoboost on 2014 Fiesta facelift?
- Super XUV500 creates history; Wins 12th Desert Storm; First ever diesel! [Pics]
Read what we have posted earlier