After Tata headed there to manufacture Nano, Ford India has laid the foundation of their $1 Billion Manufacturing Facility at Sanand, Gujarat. This factory will be spread on 460 Acre of land and will start functioning in 2014. Ford officials say that this facility will be able to produce 2,40,000 units of Cars and 2,70,000 units of Engines annually. Cars and Engines manufactured in this facility will serve the domestic car market and the export car market as well.
The State of The Art and fully integrated facility at Sanand will perform jobs like Stamping, Body Assembling, Paint, Trim and Final Assembly. According to Ford Officials, Ford’s ‘3-Wet Technology’ Paint Process will improve quality and durability of the paint reducing wastage. It will also reduce the levels of the Volatile Compounds and CO2 emissions.
Mr. Michael Boneham, President & MD, FordIndiasaid:
“We lay the foundation for Ford’s continued expansion inIndia, and plant the seed for a brighter future for our employees, suppliers, dealers and customers, and for the people of Gujarat andIndia.”
Mr. Maheswar Sahu, Industry Secretary, Government of Gujarat and Mr. Felix Guillen, Ford’s Executive Director of Manufacturing for Asia Pacific & Africa were also present at the event.
As a matter of fact, Ford India has seen a growth of 29.5% in the fiscal 2010-2011. But as every other car maker saw a dip in sales, Ford India registered only 0.3% growth in this fiscal so far.
Source: AutoCar India
|Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Absolutely FREE!|
You Might Also Like
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch