Call it the inevitable! Honda had to do this some or the other day considering the Jazz’s they were able to oust! The bad news is that you will not be able to purchase the current generation of Jazz from now on because the company has pulled the plug on the car.
Current generation of Jazz will not be in production any more and this marks the end of a fabulous car marred by our Indian market dynamics. Jazz was one of the best cars we have had in our market and after its price cut a couple of years back, it started making tremendous value sense as well. However sales remain a dismal low, which we hear, was because Honda kept a tab on the number of Jazzs sold.
It is being said that Honda suffered losses on each unit of Jazz they sold in the Indian market after the price cut. With this exclusion, Honda will be able to concentrate more on the upcoming Amaze and other products based on Brio. This will also free up capacity and will also be helpful in prevent a definite cannibalization with the upcoming Amaze.
All New Jazz Coming Next Year
If all what we shared disappointed you, here is the news which will definitely pull a big wide smile on your face. Honda will launch an All New Jazz next year. It will not be a mere cosmetic facelift but an all new model which will come with India specific 1.5L I-DTEC diesel engine, which will be first plonked on the Amaze, along with the current and bettered 1.2L Petrol motor.
The new Jazz will be locally produced with higher local content to ensure competitive pricing. Launch is expected somewhere around middle of the year after the new City makes an appearance, possibly in 2014 Auto Expo.
Source: Autocar India
|Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Absolutely FREE!|
You Might Also Like
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch