Last December 2012, Fiat, in an official press meet, announced the incoming of Jeep brand in India by the end of this year of 2013. Things looked settled and on path till the middle of the year with regular spyshots and drive reports of Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, the two planned launches for the year, making way consistently. However, we are exactly in the last month of the year and there is no update on its launch in India.
And now, in a report at Business Standard, it gets cleared that Jeep’s launch has been postponed to next year. The reasons attributed to the delay are – volatile and steep INR-USD exchange rates along with damp car buying sentiments. The Jeeps, when launched, would be priced around Rs 30 Lakhs for the Wrangler and around Rs 35-40 Lakh for the Grand Cherokee, since they will be direct imports (CBUs) for now.
And, hence, it would be difficult for Jeep to justify the premium price tags considering you get competent and established luxury brands at those prices.
There is also a question mark on whether Jeep will be bringing the 2013 or the 2014 version of the Grand Cherokee to India. We expect them to showcase their vehicles at the upcoming Auto Expo and launch them thereafter. The more interesting bit here is that Jeep also intends to bring a B-segment SUV to our markets apart from another C-segment SUV!
Good times lie ahead for you SUV lovers with the iconic Jeep making it with their big daddy SUVs.
Further Reading on Jeep India
- Official List of All Eight JEEP’s Upcoming Models in India
- JEEP’s Indian Compact SUV to Sport 1.4L Petrol & 1.6L Diesel Turbocharged Engines
- Jeep Wrangler & Grand Cherokee To Come With 3.6L V6 Petrol Along with Diesel Engines in India
- JEEP’s CEO Reveals New Details on Entry Level Compact SUV; Is it the India Bound B-SUV?
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it