After zillions of days of slumber, it seems that the Italian giant, Fiat has finally woken up and woken up to something BIG in India!
The first correct step they took was to take things in their own hands and part partial ways with Tata. A little while ago, Fiat conducted a press briefing in Mumbai where they unveiled all their plans and roadmaps towards their future products in India.
Fiat dedicated the complete 2012 for preparing and launch of exclusive Fiat distribution network and now is the time to earn dividends. Here we list all their products which are coming to India
This will be the year which will mark the entry of real Fiat. The Italians will start by launching refreshed variants of Punto and Linea towards early 2013 and follow them up with a new model – Linea Classic. What will this Linea Classic be is not known, but it appears that before launching the new Linea in India, the current Linea might get the ‘Classic’ tag and might be sold as a lesser variant. Here are the 3 Fiat launches for the year 2013:
- New Punto Refresh: Initial 2013
- New Linea Refresh: Initial 2013
- Linea Classic: End of 2013
Year 2014 will be the most important and exciting year for Fiat and prospect customers where they will launch not one or two but three new models. The year will be welcomed by the New Linea followed by New Punto. And following these two will be possibly the most important segment launch – CUV. Either it is Crossover Utility Vehicle or Compact Sports Utility Vehicle, we will take either forms!
- Punto New Model: First half of 2014
- B-Segment CUV: Second half of 2014
- New Linea: Starting 2014
Till now, a lot of expectations will be fulfilled by Fiat and with new products, sales must be in full swing…at least that is what is expected! In 2015, Fiat will launch Special Models of New Punto and New Linea, both towards the middle of the year.
- Special Edition of Punto: Middle of 2015
- Special Edition of Linea: Middle of 2015
Fiat will launch model refreshes of their then New Punto, Linea Classic and New Linea towards the start of the year and sit quiet.
- Refresh of 2015 Punto
- Refresh of Linea Classic
- Refresh of New Linea
All these add upto a total of 11 new product launches for for the coming 4 years. Currently, according to Fiat, their two products Punto and Linea operate in a market segment of around 22 percent. With these new introductions (including JEEP’s products which we will talk about in an upcoming article), Fiat/Jeep will play in a bigger ~40% market with obviously better and more ammunition. Fiat wants to take their negligible current market share to around 5 percent in the times to come.
Do you think, these products will take Fiat to the place they want to achieve? Are you excited..? Yes, we are!
Stay tuned as we follow this article with official list of upcoming Jeep products.
|Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Absolutely FREE!|
You Might Also Like
- Fiat to Launch Linea and Punto Refresh by March-April (1)
- FIAT Considering JEEP and 500X Models for India (0)
- Fiat Refreshes its Website; Sign of Good Times to Come! (1)
- BUZZING: FIAT Chrysler to Unveil its Indian Future Roadmap on 6th December (0)
- OFFICIAL: Fiat Press Meet on 10, Expect Refreshed Punto & Linea Launches (5)
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch