After zillions of days of slumber, it seems that the Italian giant, Fiat has finally woken up and woken up to something BIG in India!
The first correct step they took was to take things in their own hands and part partial ways with Tata. A little while ago, Fiat conducted a press briefing in Mumbai where they unveiled all their plans and roadmaps towards their future products in India.
Fiat dedicated the complete 2012 for preparing and launch of exclusive Fiat distribution network and now is the time to earn dividends. Here we list all their products which are coming to India
This will be the year which will mark the entry of real Fiat. The Italians will start by launching refreshed variants of Punto and Linea towards early 2013 and follow them up with a new model – Linea Classic. What will this Linea Classic be is not known, but it appears that before launching the new Linea in India, the current Linea might get the ‘Classic’ tag and might be sold as a lesser variant. Here are the 3 Fiat launches for the year 2013:
- New Punto Refresh: Initial 2013
- New Linea Refresh: Initial 2013
- Linea Classic: End of 2013
Year 2014 will be the most important and exciting year for Fiat and prospect customers where they will launch not one or two but three new models. The year will be welcomed by the New Linea followed by New Punto. And following these two will be possibly the most important segment launch – CUV. Either it is Crossover Utility Vehicle or Compact Sports Utility Vehicle, we will take either forms!
- Punto New Model: First half of 2014
- B-Segment CUV: Second half of 2014
- New Linea: Starting 2014
Till now, a lot of expectations will be fulfilled by Fiat and with new products, sales must be in full swing…at least that is what is expected! In 2015, Fiat will launch Special Models of New Punto and New Linea, both towards the middle of the year.
- Special Edition of Punto: Middle of 2015
- Special Edition of Linea: Middle of 2015
Fiat will launch model refreshes of their then New Punto, Linea Classic and New Linea towards the start of the year and sit quiet.
- Refresh of 2015 Punto
- Refresh of Linea Classic
- Refresh of New Linea
All these add upto a total of 11 new product launches for for the coming 4 years. Currently, according to Fiat, their two products Punto and Linea operate in a market segment of around 22 percent. With these new introductions (including JEEP’s products which we will talk about in an upcoming article), Fiat/Jeep will play in a bigger ~40% market with obviously better and more ammunition. Fiat wants to take their negligible current market share to around 5 percent in the times to come.
Do you think, these products will take Fiat to the place they want to achieve? Are you excited..? Yes, we are!
Stay tuned as we follow this article with official list of upcoming Jeep products.
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it