Mahindra Scorpio, the game changer for Mahindra & Mahindra, still continues to be the segment’s best seller even after 10 years of the launch. This is the car that brought M&M fame and made a ground-braking presence in the Indian car market. It is the vehicle that sells 4,000 units a month and sold more that 4,00,000 units in a decade. So, Mahindra & Mahindra realised the need of the hour, a complete make-over for the Scorpio, best selling SUV of India.
The new model of the Scorpio is on the anvil, codenamed as W105, will be be more rugged and hopefully more powerful and fuel efficient than the current Scorpio. Increased safety features and a better legroom for the third row seats are among the other expectations. However, a monocoque chassis would be great for a SUV like Scorpio, though there’s no confirmation about it yet.
Mr. Pawan Goenka, President (Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors), Mahindra and Mahindra, says: “We always have to do things to it in terms of product and marketing to ensure it continues to stay on track. But whatever we do, we would ensure that the customer sees it as the next generation Scorpio and not a new car or a new SUV”.
“Screaming to be a Scorpio is the brief we have to give to the design department”, he also added.
Apart from the age-factor, the company also kept in kind that the segment that Scorpio belongs to, will face a tough competition over the next couple of years. Car majors like Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Renault, Toyota, Nissan are developing products that will give the Scorpio a tough competition that it has never faced before. This all-new Scorpio will hit the dealerships in next two years and the price is expected to be aggressive as by the time it will be launched, a few rivals will already be ripping the Indian roads!
So, get ready to be wooed and stay tuned for more information and updates!
News Source: Business Standard
|Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Absolutely FREE!|
You Might Also Like
- SPIED: Lower Variant of Mahindra Scorpio 4WD Automatic Caught Testing (2)
- And Before You Forget, Here is Mahindra Reminding You of Scorpio Again [TVC] (0)
- Is Mahindra Testing Updated 2013 Scorpios? We Spotted 3 Test Mules! (0)
- SPOTTED: Military Tata Safari Storme & Under Test Mahindra Scorpio (1)
- Mahindra To Come Up With A 3,000 Crore Plant In Uttarakhand (0)
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch