Mahindra Scorpio, the game changer for Mahindra & Mahindra, still continues to be the segment’s best seller even after 10 years of the launch. This is the car that brought M&M fame and made a ground-braking presence in the Indian car market. It is the vehicle that sells 4,000 units a month and sold more that 4,00,000 units in a decade. So, Mahindra & Mahindra realised the need of the hour, a complete make-over for the Scorpio, best selling SUV of India.
The new model of the Scorpio is on the anvil, codenamed as W105, will be be more rugged and hopefully more powerful and fuel efficient than the current Scorpio. Increased safety features and a better legroom for the third row seats are among the other expectations. However, a monocoque chassis would be great for a SUV like Scorpio, though there’s no confirmation about it yet.
Mr. Pawan Goenka, President (Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors), Mahindra and Mahindra, says: “We always have to do things to it in terms of product and marketing to ensure it continues to stay on track. But whatever we do, we would ensure that the customer sees it as the next generation Scorpio and not a new car or a new SUV”.
“Screaming to be a Scorpio is the brief we have to give to the design department”, he also added.
Apart from the age-factor, the company also kept in kind that the segment that Scorpio belongs to, will face a tough competition over the next couple of years. Car majors like Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Renault, Toyota, Nissan are developing products that will give the Scorpio a tough competition that it has never faced before. This all-new Scorpio will hit the dealerships in next two years and the price is expected to be aggressive as by the time it will be launched, a few rivals will already be ripping the Indian roads!
So, get ready to be wooed and stay tuned for more information and updates!
News Source: Business Standard
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
Do Check This Out as Well
- SPIED: Facelifted Scorpio’s Camouflaged Front Revealed; Coming Next Year (0)
- SPIED: Scorpio Facelift Comes to Pictures Again; Caught Rear Camouflaged Again (0)
- Fresh Details on Next-Gen Scorpio W105 Revealed, Launch in 12-18 Months! (0)
- SPIED: Lower Variant of Mahindra Scorpio 4WD Automatic Caught Testing (2)
- And Before You Forget, Here is Mahindra Reminding You of Scorpio Again [TVC] (0)
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- Toyota Admits They Failed in Small Cars; Won’t Launch Sub-Liva Car
- Update on Dzire Recall; Includes Swift & Ertiga as Well: Check Inside if Your Car is Included
- Upcoming Fiesta Facelift Spied Again; This Time in Kinetic Blue Colour: Launch Soon
- SPIED: Maruti’s Auto Expo Special Editions – SX4 Sport, Ertiga Altair, Alto Browzer & Ritz Jubilo Spotted on Roads
- Xcent Receives 11,000 Bookings in 30 Days; Still Behind Amaze & Dzire
- How Would a Sub-4 Meter Sunny Look Like? Nissan to Launch Compact Sedan & SUV
- New Updates on Volkswagen’s Upcoming Sub 4 Meter Sedan
Read what we have posted earlier