It was 2009 when all of a sudden a good number of people thought that they can really afford a BMW Compact SUV! It was the X1 who made the dream come true for many people across the globe and became a huge success story for BMW. In a few days of it’s launch the X1 won many awards for its design, safety, pricing and off-roading capabilities. So, it’s not surprising that BMW managed to sell more than 3,00,000 units of X1 globally within two and a half year. It’s the best seller among the BMW X-Series Line-up.
Recently BMW released a facelifted version of the X1 so that it doesn’t get boring and keep the competition up. The upgrade was mainly mechanical with little cosmetic changes. The recently launched Audi Q3 is one of the tough rivals for the youngest member of the BMW X-Family. Though rumours are around that an all new X1 developed on Front-Wheel-Drive Mini Countryman Platform, might hit the Indian roads by 2015; though there’s still no confirmations on that news.
Let us congratulate BMW for achieving a milestone in a relatively short time and wish all the best!
News Source: bmwblog.com
You Might Also Like
- BMW To Launch New X1 Facelift on Valentines Day 14th Feb? (1)
- New BMW X1 Facelift 137 Pic Mega Gallery With Diya Mirza (0)
- 2013 BMW X1 Image Gallery: 32 Interior & Exterior Pics (0)
- February SUV Fest! As Many as 5 SUV Launches This Month! (0)
- Refreshed 2013 BMW 7-Series to Hit Indian Roads in Early 2013 (0)
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- Upcoming XA-Alpha ‘YBA’ To Sport Suzuki’s All-New 1.5L Diesel Engine?
- Wish Granted! Power Steering Nano Twist Launch on January 15th
- Honda’s Onslaught: List of All Upcoming Products; Starts This January!
- SPIED: Upcoming Tata Vista Facelift Gets Caught Again; D90 Reportedly Axed!
- Renault India Set to Increase Prices From 1st January
- SPIED: New Honda City Diesel Interior Shots; Gets a 6-Speed Gearbox!
- Will Audi be Able to Touch That Magical 10,000 Sales Mark for 2013?
Read what we have posted earlier