Before its launch in India, there were a lot of speculations of Renault keeping prices of Duster immensely competitive. It built a hype which was never seen before this year, but as soon as the prices were disclosed, many people who were basing their expectations on the speculations were heartbroken.
Many people turned up and started looking elsewhere and with so many compact SUVs lined up for India, the next big hope has been set on the Ford’s latest revelation – new EcoSport. We were the first ones in India to share this news about EcoSport’s first launch in the world that in Brazil.
Now, Ford has started EcoSport’s pre-sales in Brazil from yesterday and has unveiled three variants and their prices. Here they are with features of all the variants.
1. New EcoSport S EBA3 : R$ 53,490 (~Rs 14.5 Lakh)
- Power Steering
- Headlights with LEDs
- Body-colored Bumpers
- SYNC with Bluetooth & Voice commands
- Front Glass, Locks and Mirrors Electric
- Dual Airbags
- Price Solid color : R$ 53,490 (~Rs 14.5 Lakh)
- Price Metallic Color: R$ 54,575 (~Rs 14.75 Lakh)
2. New EcoSport FreeStyle EFA3: R$ 59,990 (~ Rs 16.2 Lakh)
All features of EcoSport S plus the following
- FreeStyle Visual Package
- Electric Windows
- 16 inch Alloy Wheels
- Trip Computer
- Parking Sensors
- Power Windows (One touch)
- Anti-Crushing Sensor
- Global Closure (?)
- Hill Assist
- Traction Control
- Price for Solid Color: R$ 59,990 (~ Rs 16.2 Lakh)
- Price for Metallic Color: R$ 61,075 (~ Rs 16.5 Lakh)
3. New EcoSport FreeStyle EFB3: R$ 63,690 (~ Rs 17.2 Lakh)
In addition to above mentioned features
- Leather Seats
- 6 Airbags
- Price Solid Color: R$ 63,690 (~ Rs 17.2 Lakh)
- Price Metallic Color: R$ 64,775 (~Rs 17.5 Lakh)
All the above models are powered by a 1.6L 16V engine and there is another 2.0L engine expected prices of which are expected to over the FreeStyle EFB3. Also, deliveries will take a few months.
Initially Ford is accepting bookings for only 2500 units and the booking amount is R$ 5000 (~Rs 13,5200). Once the customer books for these intial units, the prices would remain frozen and customers would not be charged more than the promised prices.
EcoSport vs Duster in Price in Brazil
Renault Duster also comes in 1.6L and 2.0L engine options in Brazil. The 1.6L starts at R$ 48,170 (~Rs 13 Lakh) and goes upto R$ 54,030 (~Rs 14.6 Lakh) for the Dynamique variant without any options added.
Hence the new EcoSport S is priced approximately R$ 5320 (~Rs 1.45 Lakh) higher than Renault Duster base and the higher variant is around R$ 9660 (~Rs 2.60 Lakh) costlier. Does this mean EcoSport would come at a higher price in India as well?
Well, there are a lot of differences in both the products in the two countries along the kind of market difference Brazil and India possess. No one can comment on this right now. But EcoSport would be a sub 4 meter car in India which means it would attract lesser 12% excise duty against the 24% charged for Duster.
Moreover, Ford has suffered by pricing the very potent New Fiesta at atrocious prices initially which they have to lower in order to make it sell. But despite the price drop, competitors such as Verna, City etc outsell it big time. We expect Ford must have learnt from their mistakes and would want to price EcoSport responsibly and reasonably here.
Meanwhile, Ford has already begun testing EcoSport in India, spy pics of which have emerged a couple of times at least. Also promotions of EcoSport have also commenced here and we hope that the car would be on sale sometime early January 2013.
Do check out Indian On-Road price of Renault Duster in Bangalore and Pune.
What do you feel where would Ford place EcoSport in India? Cast your guesstimate in the attached poll.
|Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Absolutely FREE!|
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch