After witnessing a favorable year, Mahindra is keen on holding onto its grip in the Indian car market. As per the fresh update the utility manufacturer is all set to introduce a diesel notchback named Vibe. And we already know about it and have been calling it Verito CS or Verito Compact till now.
Based on the Verito sedan, Vibe will be a boot chopped version of the car. It will really be very interesting to see how would Mahindra price it and the actual competitors it will define. Yesterday Honda has launched its power packed sedan, Amaze to give a stiff competition to the leader of the segment, Maruti Swift DZire.
Following the trend, Mahindra’s Vibe will also go against other compact sedans in the segment. However, it will also target premium hatchbacks around a price band of 6-7 Lakhs like Hyundai i20, Volkswagen Polo and Maruti Suzuki Swift.
Vibe will be Mahindra’s entry into smaller and compact cars. As we have revealed many months back, it will come only with a diesel option. Vibe will carry the same 1.5-litre diesel engine from Renault which is being used in Verito. In order to gain the excise duty benefit, the petrol engine option is omitted.
It is notable that in mid 2010 Mahindra broke up with Renault, post that it re-launched the Logan as Verito in the month of April 2011. Last year in August a facelift of Verito was introduced by the auto major.
Verito Vibe will be launched next month and will be an addition to the upcoming compact cars in the country.
Source: Economic Times
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
Do Check This Out as Well
- SPIED: Upcoming Mahindra Vibe Caught While Filming Ad; June Launch Possible! (0)
- Mahindra Working on a New Small Hatchback Car for India (0)
- SPIED: Here is Verito Vibe Compact Caught Completely Undisguised (2)
- Rendering: And Here Comes the Mahindra Verito Compact..Well Just! (0)
- Interesting: Mahindra Also Tried the Logan Compact; Spyshot Inside (5)
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- Rendering: Is This How Honda’s Upcoming Brio Based Compact SUV Will Look Like?
- Toyota Claims Corolla (& NOT Ford Focus) is World’s Best Selling Car for 2013
- New Honda City: Guess Which One is The Largest Selling Variant?
- SPIED: Datsun’s New Russian Hatchback Caught: May be Called ‘mi-Do’
- More Powerful Hyundai Eon 1.0L Bookings Open, Prices Revealed
- Speculation: Volkswagen India May Launch Sportier T-ROC Rather than Taigun
- SPIED: Tata BOLT Caught Completely Uncamouflaged in Pune; Hints at Nearing Launch
Read what we have posted earlier