In another round of a big scoop, Indian Autos Blog has published uncamouflaged spy pictures of the Ford’s revelation compact SUV EcoSport testing in Chennai, India. The car caught was expectantly the top end Titanium TDCI (Diesel) version. The test mule had a few color mismatched parts along with a few tidbits like fog lamps etc missing giving us a hint that these might not be the absolute final production products.
The cobweb styled alloys are pretty much similar to what we have spotted in our spy shots of other countries. Considering that this might be the top of the line variant the back mounted spare tyre would also come alloy-fitted.
Ford EcoSport would be powered by the 1.5L diesel mill from the new Fiesta sedan. It is also touted to get the 1.5 petrol mill from Fiesta as well, however the talk of the town the 1L famed EcoBoost engine will make its Indian debut with EcoSport.
We already know that Ford is not considering launching the EcoSport in India anytime this year and in fact the car is expected to hit the production lines sometime early next year.
Ford has also made it clear that EcoSport is a ‘sub 4 meter’ car and hence we can expect some aggresive pricing from Ford (since it would fall in the ‘Small’ car category which attracts 12 percent duty only).
EcoSport would be called as ‘YiBo’ in China and it is expected starting price there is somewhere around 8.8 Lac INR.
With the Renault Duster about to be launched in India, Mahindra’s mini xylo slated to come in 2 months, the compact SUV segment is buzzing with new and attractive launches.
A year and half from today and we will get to see who stands the winner.
Check out the various galleries of Ford EcoSport which reveal all the interior and exteriors of the car:
FORD ECOSPORT GALLERIES:
Pics source : Indian Autos Blog
You Might Also Like
- 2013 Ford EcoSport New Gallery: Exposing All Interiors & Exteriors of Production Version (0)
- White & Grey Ford EcoSport Spotted Testing (0)
- Ford EcoSport Might Get Launched by Jan 2013 in India : Beijing Launch Video (0)
- Gallery:Ford EcoSport Goes Playing Football (0)
- Scoop: Ford EcoSport (Possibly Petrol) Caught Testing Again – Clear Pictures (1)
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- SCOOP: Guess this new Mini SUV Mule: Mahindra U301?
- Mahindra Launches Satin White Colour in XUV500 W6, Dolphin Grey in W4
- Exclusive: Nissan Discontinues Base Micra Active XE: Now Starts at Rs 4.12 Lacs
- Cheapest Alto K10 & WagonR AMT Coming Soon: Celerio AMT Demand Unprecedented
- Vine Snake Skoda ‘VisionC’ Unveiled to the World; 2016 Launch Possible
- SCOOP: Lamborghini Huracan Caught in India; to be Priced at Rs 3.43 crores
- 2014 Tata ARIA Facelift Prices Revealed: Starts at Rs 9.95 Lakhs
Read what we have posted earlier