Launched in 1986, Tata’s 407 has been one of the largest sellers for the company. It has a market share of more than 75 percent in its segment.
The Light Commercial Vehicle has remained more or less the same and this is, for the first time, a fairly radical (in terms of its looks) change that is coming after almost 27 years of its existence. The front of the mule looks more contemporary with a bigger grille, wider headlamps with clear lens integrated side blinkers and a chrome strip just over the company’s brand ‘T’.
The headlamps and side indicators appear integrated but as far as we remember seeing them, they are two disjoint units ensuring cheaper serviceability. The bumper also is more beaded and modern. The interiors are also expected to get more comfortable.
But the most important change might be related to its engine. Apart from this mule, we have also spotted another test mule of 407 with current looks which might be testing a new engine or better tuned version of the same engines.
The current 407 is available in diesel and CNG options which also includes a BS4 complying engine which was introduced in 2010. Tata might be looking at increasing their exports to different countries with these newer variants of 407.
|Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Absolutely FREE!|
You Might Also Like
- SPIED: And Here we Come With Clearer Pics of the Tata 407 Pickup Facelift (1)
- Spied: Tata Indigo eCS Facelift Caught With Smoked Headlamps (2)
- SPIED: 2013 Tata Aria Caught With New Tail Lamp Cluster (4)
- SPIED: Tata Nano Diesel Caught Again, Emitting Black Smoke (3)
- MB Xclusive: Clear On-Road Spyshots of Tata Indigo eCS Facelift Are Here (5)
Most Read Articles
- - Surprise: Honda's compact SUV coming next year
- - Now VW preparing an EcoSport Rival – Taigun is India bound!
- - List of all Tata's upcoming launches for 2013 & 2014
- - Four Reasons Why EcoSport Should Be Priced Sensibly
- - List Of All Upcoming Fiat Launches
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Exclusive: Skoda Fabia Caught With New Logo Badges In Pune
- - List of All Upcoming and Available Automatic Hatchback Cars in India
- - Breaking: TATA Nano Diesel Caught Again – Interior Pics Included
- - Loads Of Pictures Of Honda Brio Amaze
Read what we have posted earlier
Most Trending Articles
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- - MB Xclusive: 4X4 Mahindra Quanto Caught Testing in Pune
- - Here is the Facelifted Aria With Automatic Gearbox
- - 180bhp Fiat Punto Abarth Evo EsseEsse Caught In India
- - Renault Duster 4WD Spotted in India
- - India bound Jeep Cherokee unveiled[28 pic gallery]
- - Did you know: Renault Duster has gone I lakh dearer since launch