There has been a lot of speculations about a possible compact Manza from TATA and with this tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee from Autocar India, it almost becomes confirmed that the news is indeed true.
Currently there is a huge gap of 1.5 lac between the only compact sedan Indigo eCS and the full sized Manza and this is where TATA might want to put the new car in. This means that the new car would be more affordable than the already VFM Manza and would be at a premium over the Indigo CS – both in price and as a product.
The shortened Manza would be obviously under 4 meters in length and hence it would qualify for the cheaper excise duty rate of 12%. It is expected that TATA might carry forward the 1.3L Multijet diesel from the current Manza but it would be interesting to see which engine would qualify for the petrol variant.
Manza CS is expected to be launched somewhere next year. Considering the pricing policy of TATA, Manza CS is expected to be one real big competition to the current favorite DZire CS.
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
- Cheapest Jaguar might be the Cheapest in Segment: Jaguar XE to be Locally Assembled
- Maruti to Launch AMT Version of WagonR Stingray Soon
- Etios & Liva Automatic Indian Launch Within 10 Months: Toyota VP
- Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Sedan Launch Date in Japan – 15 Dec
- SPIED: Undisguised YRA hatchback – Maruti Suzuki Ups Pace