There has been a lot of speculations about a possible compact Manza from TATA and with this tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee from Autocar India, it almost becomes confirmed that the news is indeed true.
Currently there is a huge gap of 1.5 lac between the only compact sedan Indigo eCS and the full sized Manza and this is where TATA might want to put the new car in. This means that the new car would be more affordable than the already VFM Manza and would be at a premium over the Indigo CS – both in price and as a product.
The shortened Manza would be obviously under 4 meters in length and hence it would qualify for the cheaper excise duty rate of 12%. It is expected that TATA might carry forward the 1.3L Multijet diesel from the current Manza but it would be interesting to see which engine would qualify for the petrol variant.
Manza CS is expected to be launched somewhere next year. Considering the pricing policy of TATA, Manza CS is expected to be one real big competition to the current favorite DZire CS.
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
Do Check This Out as Well
- Apart From ‘Falcon’ Tata is Preparing ‘Kite’ Compact Sedan & ‘X0′ Hatchback (0)
- Rejoice! Tata Slashes Manza Prices, Now Starts at 5.99 Lakh (0)
- SPIED: Left Hand Drive Tata Manza Spotted in Pune; For Italy? (0)
- Tata Indigo Manza Club Class Launched; Price Starts at 5.70 Lakhs (0)
- Tata Manza Gets 75PS Diesel Engine; Refreshed Lineup is Called the Club Class (0)
- - With Ecosport Has Ford Messed Up Things: 5 Stinkers!
- - First Ever Spyshots of India Bound Honda Compact SUV
- - Next-Gen Jazz: All Details
- - EcoSport Rival Chevy Trax Coming To India. Is It?
- - Spyshots of Mahindra S101 Revealing Dashboard
- - India Bound Jeep's B-Segment SUV Details Revealed
- - Revealed Nano Diesel's Open Front Bonnet
- - Xclusive: Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied For The First Time Ever!
- - Tata to Launch 2 New Land Rover DNA Based SUVs
- - Live Pictures, Details and Video of Upcoming Datsun GO+ MPV
- - New Spyshots of 2014 Toyota Corolla: Launch Early 2014
- - Duster 4WD Spied in Chennai; Are You India Bound Mate?
- - Mahindra Plans a Flurry of Utility Vehicles; Here is a List
- - Fiat’s 1.3L MultiJet Diesel Engine – List of All Indian Cars that Run on it
- Nano Diesel RIP; Is This the Final Nail in the Coffin?
- C-Class Nemesis Jaguar XE: New Rendering Pic Raises New Hopes!
- Honda Launches Amaze Anniversary Edition at an Outrageous 72K Premium!
- Rejoice: Smallest Nippy Porsche Macan Coming to India this June!
- Spied: Same Tata Zest Test Mule Gets Spotted Multiple Times in Bangalore
- Interesting: Fiat Doblo MPV Spied in Pune; Do You See What We See?
- Toyota Admits They Failed in Small Cars; Won’t Launch Sub-Liva Car
Read what we have posted earlier