There has been a lot of speculations about a possible compact Manza from TATA and with this tweet from Hormazd Sorabjee from Autocar India, it almost becomes confirmed that the news is indeed true.
Currently there is a huge gap of 1.5 lac between the only compact sedan Indigo eCS and the full sized Manza and this is where TATA might want to put the new car in. This means that the new car would be more affordable than the already VFM Manza and would be at a premium over the Indigo CS – both in price and as a product.
The shortened Manza would be obviously under 4 meters in length and hence it would qualify for the cheaper excise duty rate of 12%. It is expected that TATA might carry forward the 1.3L Multijet diesel from the current Manza but it would be interesting to see which engine would qualify for the petrol variant.
Manza CS is expected to be launched somewhere next year. Considering the pricing policy of TATA, Manza CS is expected to be one real big competition to the current favorite DZire CS.
Remain Updated! Get these articles delivered right into your mailbox. Subscribe for FREE!
- Tata Nexon Codenamed as ‘X104′: New Details Surface
- Official: BMW i8 Launch on February 18 in India
- Suzuki Goes for the Kill! Starts Construction of New Gujarat Plant
- Will YRA Use 1.2L K12C Dual-Jet Petrol Engine? Launch Expected in November
- Speculation: Swift to Get AMT in Diesel; Launch in Nov 2015