As has been speculated earlier, one of the best ever Land Rover – Range Rover Sport is here in India. The second-generation Range Rover Sport from the British Land Rover has been launched in India Rs 1.09 crore, only!
The bigger Evoque inspired RR Sport is the fastest, lightest and the most agile SUV from the stables of Land Rover. Unveiled globally earlier this year, the RR Sport created quite a stir with sales chart climbing every day. Some reports on the web even suggest a long 12 month waiting period for the lifestyle SUV.
Speaking on the unveiling ceremony Rohit Suri, Vice President, Jaguar & Land Rover India, said
“It gives me great pleasure to launch the all-new Range Rover Sport in India. This premium sports SUV has reached greater heights in design, technology, driving dynamics and interior luxury, which together takes it to another level. The engines with their superior technology, provide better fuel efficiencies while the new exterior lines and class defining interiors will certainly turn heads and add to the comfort and luxury that one expects from Land Rover. “
The luxury SUV is a perfect cocktail of on-road dynamics, class-leading Land Rover all-terrain capability and technology. The sleek and sportier all-new Range Rover Sport builds on the core Range Rover Design DNA. The signature clamshell bonnet, floating roof, side fender vents, trademark inter-locking circles and distinctive LED signature graphics give the vehicle a modern, assertive, powerful and muscular stance.
New Range Rover Sport shares most of its primary suspension and transmission parts and key components of its aluminium monocoque chassis with the full-size Range Rover – Evoque.
Range Rover Sport Engines
This 5+2 SUV in India will breathe through two options –
- 3.0-Litre SDV6 Turbo diesel belting 292PS of power and 600Nm of torque. The 0-100Kmph rolls up in 7.2 sec
- 5.0-Litre V8 Supercharged Petrol Engine reserved with 510PS power and 625 Nm Torque. It does a 0-100 Kmph in 5.3 secs flat!
Both the units come paired with an advanced 8-speed ZF automatic transmission system.
The state-of-the-art lightweight adaptive 4 corner air-suspension tunes itself to the road characteristics in a lightning-fast manner returning class defining levels of comfort for an off road SUV.
The car of the year contender is quite a revolution over its previous generation in Vehicle Technology. Here is a look at those revolutionary bits that define the new 2014 Range Rover Sport –
- Torque Vectoring system (optional) uses the braking system to constantly balance the distribution of engine torque between the four wheels during cornering, resulting in improved grip and steering, and a reduced level of understeer.
- Terrain Response 2 System with Auto Setting (optional) features an automatic setting in which the vehicle monitors the current driving conditions and automatically selects the most suitable terrain program.
- Dynamic Response (optional): The Dynamic Response active lean control system uses state of-the-art two-channel operation for the first time on Range Rover Sport, enabling independent control of the front and rear axles.
- Adaptive Dynamics provides the optimum balance of ride and control by offering infinitely variable damper settings between soft and firm extremes. The system monitors vehicle movements at least 500 times/second, reacting to driver or road inputs virtually instantaneously to give greater control, minimal body roll and a composed flat ride.
Range Rover Sport Price
Range Rover Sport will retail as a CBU unit, as expected. Here arethe prices of the respective variants on offer.
- Range Rover Sport 3.0L Diesel SDV6 S: Rs 1.09 Crore
- Range Rover Sport 5.0L V8 SC Petrol Autobiography variant : Rs 1.65 Crore
Above prices ex-showroom Mumbai. Octroi Extra!
– by Saravana Priyan