Through a Press Release, Renault announced the launch of the 2015 Duster in India yesterday, which comes along with a few changes, some feature additions and minor tweaks to the engine. Here we list 12 important pointers which sum up the new car…
- Engine Tweaks: Torque on the 110PS engine is down to 245Nm from 248Nm. The 85PS version produces its peak torque at an earlier 1750 rpm (as compared to 2200 rpm of the older Duster).
- Fuel Efficiency: Rated fuel efficiency of 110PS version has increased from 19.01 kmpl to 19.64 kmpl. However, the 85PS version sees a reduction at 19.87kmpl from the earlier 20.45kmpl.
- Arm rest for front seat: Front seat now gets an additional arm rest.
- New Instrument Cluster: 2015 Duster gets a new 3 dial sporty instrumentation cluster with white illumination and chrome rings
- New steering column
- Steering mounted phone and audio controls
- Interior Changes: 2015 Duster comes with a new soft touch dashboard and beige leather upholstery
- Service reminder Indication
- One touch indicators
- Cruise control
- Eco mode for efficiency
- Speed sensitive door lock
Apart from this, Renault tells us that the electricals and electronics architecture has gone through a makeover.
The new 2015 Duster starts at an ex-showroom Delhi price of Rs 8.30 Lakhs. However, we are still wondering, why has Renault time and again used the term ‘New Generation’ for the 2015 Duster, which essentially remains the same old car with minor tweaks…