After two years, the Land Rover Freelander 2 receives another facelift along with addition of a new engine in the portfolio. The changes include a little alteration on the exterior of the car but some huge changes at the inside of the car.
Let us come direct to the point and discuss about the changes.
Changes on the Exterior:
- New more contemporary-looking headlights with LED Day Time Running Lamps
- Refreshed front grille and fog lights
- New Alloy Wheel Design
- Addition of three new colour schemes: ‘Aintree Green’, ‘Havana’, ‘Mauritius Blue’
- Optional Body Styling Package
Changes in the Interior:
- Redesigned Centre Console that provides more space on the lower part of the console
- Control panel with 7-Inch colour Touch screen
- Navigation system on the 7-Inch colour LCD Screen
- Premium Meridian audio system with a choice of 380 Watt or 825 Watt output
- Terrain Response Dial replaced by Buttons
- New electric parking brake
- New instrument cluster with 5-inch LCD Screen (placed between the dials) that displays primary vehicle information
- Passive Start system that replaces Key Docking System
- Rear view camera
- ‘Say What You See’ voice activation system that allows allows the user to control functions in the audio, optional satellite navigation, climate and phone systems via voice.
UK Specific Features:
- A new flagship variant named HSE LUX which sports the following features:
- Windsor leather seats
- Grand Black Lacquer finisher
- Premium carpet mats
- 19-Inch Diamond Turned Wheels
USA Specific Features:
Land Rover has replaced the 2012 Model Year’s 3.2-Litre 6-Cylinder Petrol engine with the new 2.0-Litre Turbocharged 4-Cylinder Engine, found in the Range Rover Evoque and is added to the Jaguar XF line-up recently. This new Turbocharged engine delivers 240hp of power at 5500 RPM and 250 ft-lbs of torque at 3,200 RPM, which is an increment of 10 hp and 16 lb-ft respectively over the outgoing 3.2- Litre Naturally Aspirated Inline Six.
This new avatar of the Freelander 2 will shed its cover at the Moscow International Motor Show on 29th August, 2012; and will go on sale this spring. The Freelander 2 is priced from $37,250 (~ Rs. 20,61,340) to $39,750 (~ RS. 21,99,685) and $42,350 (~ Rs. 23,43,564) for the HSE LUX.
News Source: carscoop.blogspot.com