The new Ford Fiesta has finally been launched in a very hush-hush manner. It gets only a 1.5L Duratorq diesel engine and there is no petrol motor on offer! Yes, 1.0L turbocharged EcoBoost petrol you will be dearly missed.
It also gains two new colours: Golden Bronze and Smokey Grey.
New Fiesta Prices & Variants:
The car will be available in three trim levels :
- Fiesta Ambiente: Rs 7,69,000.
- Fiesta Trend: Rs 8,55,720.
- Fiesta Titanium: Rs 9,29,449.
So, we see the introduction of a new base variant to lower starting cost and the top variantTitanium+ is also not on offer so the top of the line price is also lower.
New Ford Fiesta comes with an improved ARAI rated mileage of 25.01 kmpl just under Honda City (26kmpl) in this segment.
- The design of the Fiesta has been streamlined to cut through air with minimum resistance.
- The new style of trapezoidal front radiator protection grille, which has become famous thanks to its stark resemblance to Aston Martin cars.
- The swept back, laser cut headlamps add more detail to the style statement.
- The power dome hood design adds a signature commanding stance which is a very nice addition to a driver oriented car.
- The renowned Ford SYNC, seen first with the EcoSport, has now been upgraded to SYNC with AppLink. This gives a control over your smartphones for a safe and convenient way of accessing your entertainment and information. It also allows emergency assistance via SYNC.
- Smart features to pamper the customer include rain-sensing wipers, auto headlamps and push-button start with smart keyless entry.
Ford AppLink, which is one of the key USPs of the new Fiesta, allows the driver to keep both the hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road while choosing music, making phone calls and controlling smartphone applications using simple voice instructions. Specific apps such as MapMyIndia, ESPN Cricinfo and one global app Glympse will be available for download on smart phones on Android and iOS platforms shortly.
- Usage of high-strength steel for body structure with ultra-strong boron steel reinforcing several key points.
- Driver side front airbags and Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) are standard on all variants.
- Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) with Pull-Drift Compensation will also help in making the car easy and safe to drive.
- Emergency Assistance (EA) via SYNC® which helps connect vehicle occupants with emergency services following an accident, providing vehicle location and open line communication.
Ford Fiesta Warranty:
- Ford India is offering a shockingly low warranty for 1-year, though it is applicable till 1 Lakh kms (whichever is earlier). Customers can extend their vehicle warranty up to three years from date of purchase at affordable rates through Ford Extended Warranty.
No doubt that the car looks nicer in its newer clothes. It should be a good driver as well, but where is the EcoBoost, Ford?