The day was ripe and we had as many as 3 important launches scheduled within the wee hours of the afternoon. One of the most important of them was Maruti’s new Alto 800.
New Alto 800 Features:
- Newer refreshing styling, Maruti calls it Wavefront design
- Tweaked engine
- Detent pin technology and cable type transmission
- Available also in CNG
- Enhanced headroom, shoulder room and utility space
- More room than existing Alto; 15mm higher roof
- 15% more fuel efficient
- Improved Gears bettered for city driving
- Optional Interior color schemes, choice between Brown and grey
- Overhauled dashboard with new design
- Read legroom bettered by 15mm
- Full wheel covers
- Body colored bumpers
- Can holder and 1 liter bottle holder
- Internally adjustable ORVM (Outside Rear View Mirror)
- Front Power Windows
- Coin holder
- Digital Clock
- For the first time and as we have already shared earlier, Alto 800 would be available with an optional driver side Airbag.
Other Important Pointers
- A total investment of 470 crore towards development of Alto 800 by Maruti and its vendors
- Alto 800 would be manufactured at Maruti’s Gurgaon plant
- Better Fuel efficiency is possible because of increased compression ratio and improved volumetric efficiency.
- Changes done to engine intake system.
- The prices mentioned are introductory which means Maruti can hike them in future.
Maruti Alto 800 Engine
Alto 800 is powered by the same F8D 796cc engine from existing Alto but is claimed to be much more refined and bettered. It produces maximum 48PS of power at 6000 rpm and a peak torque of 69Nm at 3500 rpm. Alto 800 comes with a 5 speed Manual transmission.
Maruti Alto 800 Variants and Price
Maruti Alto 800 is available in a total of 6 variants – 3 in petrol and 3 in CNG
- Alto 800 STD : Rs 2,44,000
- Alto 800 LX : Rs 2,76,500
- Alto 800 LXi : Rs 2,99,000
- Alto 800 STD CNG : Rs 3,19,000
- Alto 800 LX CNG : Rs 3,37,000
- Alto 800 LXI CNG : Rs 3,56,000
*All prices Ex-Showroom Delhi
- Alto 800 Petrol: 22.74 kmpl*
- Alto 800 CNG: 30.46 kgm *
These figures are an improvement of over 15 percent for the Petrol version and over 13 percent for CNG variant. And these are the highest FE ratings in Maruti’s Indian lineup.
* ARAI approved figures
Maruti Alto 800 Colors:
- Frost Blue*
- Granite Grey
- Superior White*
- Blazing Red
- Silky Silver*
- Torque Blue
Note: Colors marked with ‘*’ have an option of two interior coloring themes between Grey or Brown. For other colors, Grey interior colors is standard
Maruti Alto 800 Brochure
For a complete information on Alto 800 click the following brochure..
Keep Abreast | Like us on FaceBook
Maruti Alto 800 Gallery