Maruti Suzuki Ertiga India launch is speculated to be around Diwali season
Suzuki has unveiled the all new second-generation Ertiga MPV at the 2018 Indonesia Motor Show, being held at Jakarta. The car is based on Suzuki’s Heartect platform, which will help the company to make the new Ertiga lighter and stiffer. This platform is also shared with other cars like Baleno, Swift and Ignis. The photos of the new car and further details were shared in a story published by autonetmagz.com.
The new Ertiga will get the K15B 1.5L petrol engine producing 104HP in the Indonesian market. It will be offered coupled with a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed torque converter auto gearbox. The fuel efficiency figures are pegged at 18.06 Km/L for manual version while 16.37 Km/L for the automatic. We have no word if the same engine will make it to our shores or not. The second gen Ertiga will be 40mm wider, 130mm longer and 5mm taller than the outgoing model. It will continue to have a wheelbase of 2740 mm, similar to the existing one.
2018 Suzuki Ertiga changes
Let’s have a quick look at what all has changed on the new car:
- Newly designed front grill with a lot of chrome on it.
- New headlamps are slimmer looking & backswept and will also feature projectors.
- New bumper has been given a beefy look with large fog lamp housings.
- Third-row glass area is also redesigned.
- Tail lamps, now feature LED’s and are designed in a zigzag fashion.
- Tailgate is completely redone and features a large rear windshield. There is also a chrome applique positioned between horizontal members of the two tail lamps.
- Rear bumper is also new with a lot of contoured lines.
The inside of the car is a mixed bag of new designs plus elements picked from the other Suzuki models:
- The interior of the car features a dual tone wood and beige theme.
- The steering wheel and meters are similar to the Swift/Dezire.
- The infotainment system is a touchscreen unit and stacked floating, very similar to how it is in the Ignis.
- A wood insert runs from corner to corner on the dashboard, passing below the infotainment system.
- AC vents are rectangular in shape with the middle ones placed on both sides of the infotainment system.
- The car will boast features like keyless entry, push-button start, steering tilt adjust, seat height adjust among others.
With the increased dimensions of the car, the new Ertiga will be offering more space inside the cabin than the outgoing model. Once launched in India, it will compete against the Toyota Innova Crysta but, we can expect it to be priced way below.