Audi has recently introduced the 1.2 TFSI A1 Sportback in Australia for a starting price of $ 26,500. Offering such price allows people to afford a premium car with less money spent! This 5-Door Hatch doesn’t have any option of automatic transmission, one of the reason of it being cheaper.
The 1.2 Litre TFSI Engine produces 63 kW of power and 160 Nm of torque between 1,500-3,500 RPM. This engine is coupled with a 5-Speed Manual Transmission that makes it touch the 100 kmph mark in 11.9 seconds and it consumes 5.1 Litre of Petrol for every 100 Kilometers.
The 1.4-Litre TFSI Engine produces 90 kW of power and 200 Nm of torque @ 1,500 RPM and touches a top speed of 203 kmph! Cars powered by the 90 kW Egine gets an optional 7-Speed S-Tronic Automatic Transmission. This same 1.4-Litre TFSI engine is tuned to a different state with Supercharger and Turbocharger with a Water-cooled Intercooler to generate 136 kW of power and 250 Nm of torque @ 2,000 RPM and ha s atop speed of 227 kmph! This top-end 136 kW variant does a 0 – 100 kmph in 7 seconds flat and consumes only 6.0 Liters of fuel for every 100 kilometers. Models powered by the 136 kW Engine, gets a 7-Speed S-Tronic Automatic Transmission as standard fitment.
Standard Features of the A1 Sportback:
- 15-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Cruise Control
- 6.4-Inch colour display
- 80-Watt music system with 8 speakers
- Bluetooth connectivity with Audio Streaming technology
- Six airbags with many more safety technologies
Optional Features of the A1 Sportback:
- Xenon Headlamps
- LED Day Time Running Lamps
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Automatic Air Conditioning
- High Gloss black air vents
- MMI Navigation Plus Package with Satellite connectivity and 20 GB Hard Drive
Here are the entire price list of all the variants of the A1 Sportback available in Australia:
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.2 TFSI manual Attraction 63kW – $26,500
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI manual Attraction 90kW – $29,900
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.6 TDI manual Attraction 66kW – $29,900
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.6 TDI S tronic Attraction 66kW – $32,250
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S tronic Attraction 90kW – $32,250
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI manual Ambition 90kW – $33,450
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S tronic Ambition 90kW – $35,800
- Audi A1 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S tronic Sport 136kW – $42,500
We are still in complete darkness that if this beauty will come to India or not, but it is making its way to the ‘Land of Kangaroos’ in the month September. If this Hatch comes to India, it is expected to compete with the upcoming Mercedes Benz A Class. Based on the fact that these days ‘The Four Rings’ are the most serious competitor of the ‘Three Pointed Star’, we expect this premium hatch to hit the Indian Car Market sooner! Audi India, when can we expect this beauty in India?