Talk about aggression and AUDI seems to be the most adhering to the tally. As we have reported in the morning, Audi has launched the next generation A4 sedan at a price tag of Rs 27.33 lakh for the base variant and the range goes all the way till Rs 38 lakhs. All prices Ex-Showroom Maharashtra.
Engine Options & Price [Ex-showroom Maharashtra]:
- 8L TFSI Petrol : Rs 27.33 Lakh
- 2.0L TDI Diesel: Rs 29.38 Lakh
- 3.0L TDI Diesel : Rs 38 Lakh
The 1.8 TFSI offers a fuel efficiency of 15.64kmpl (ARAI), while the 2.0 TDI offers an fuel efficiency of 16.55kmpl (ARAI)
New A4 Features:
- Progressive Design & Redesigned interiors
- Longest wheelbase in the segment
- Largest legroom for rear passengers
- First Audi to come with fully integrated ‘Audi Car Life’ product
- The new look further accentuates the horizontal lines at the front end
- The engine hood is more arched
- The upper corners of the single frame grille are tapered
- The cross ribs and the Audi rings are highlighted three-dimensionally
- The redesigned bumpers are striking with their angular air inlets, their revised grilles and the flat front fog lights.
- Daytime Running Lights
- Driver Information System
- Xenon Plus headlights
- Audi Music Interface
- Efficiency Increase (Energy Recovery)
- All engines are turbocharged direct-injection systems
- The recuperation system is standard throughout
- The start- stop system is standard in petrol variant
- The concert radio with eight speakers is standard
- The MMI system with voice dialogue, color monitor and DVD player forms the top of the line.
Other Important Bits:
- This is A4s 8 generation which would hit Indian roads
- The launch was advanced 2 months ahead of the earlier scheduled launch possibly to give a headstart to the upcoming BMW 3 Series
- These prices are Rs 60k lesser than the outgoing A4
- AUDI claims that the new car is 10-25% more fuel efficient across the range than the previous A4
- A4 also offers bigger interior space and has the longest wheelbase in the segment
- New Audi Q3 coming in June 2012
- In the first 4 months of 2012, Audi India managed to sell 2831 cars out of which A4’s share was 850 units, a good 30 percent of the total volumes. With the launch of the new A4, Audi intends to build upon this number.
- Audi plans to sell 8000 cars by the end of 2012
- In the mid-term, Audi intends to double this annual figure and take it in the range of 16000-20000 units by 2015. They are resting there hopes on the soon to be launched Q3 SUV in June this year and A3 sedan later sometime.
- Audi plans to open 25 dealerships by the end of 2012 from its current tally of 18.
- In Delhi, Audi A4 is priced at 27.85 lakhs Ex Showroom
About ‘Audi Car Life’ product:
The new Audi A4 is the first Audi which offers the fully integrated Audi Car Life product, which combines financing, service plan, insurance and extended warranty. Audi Car Life is a high convenience product for elite customers, which integrates finance, insurance, service plan and extended warranty. With Audi Car Life, customers can enjoy maximum convenience as these services can be bundled at one single EMI rate. Audi Car Life, launched with the new Audi A4, will be offered eventually with the Audi A6, Audi A8, Audi Q5 and Audi Q7.
You can check out a few pics of the new A4 here