Here’s another jaw dropping innovation from the house of ‘The Four Rings’, Audi Crosslane Coupé Concept. It’s a hybrid coupé with some wonderful features. Ultra-light Multimaterial Space Frame, Twin Electric Motors, Ultra Low CO2 Emission, Movable Trunk are some of them.
Now, let’s wrap up the features and talk about them:
- The Multimaterial Space Frame is comprised of three materials – aluminum, carbon fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP), and glass fiber-reinforced polymer (GFRP). The concept car has an unladen weight of about 1,390 kg (3,064.43 lb), including the large lithium-ion battery
- Efficient Plug-in hybrid drive of the Audi crosslane coupé comprises a combustion engine, two electric motors and a single-stage transmission.
- The combustion engine is a purpose-developed 3-cylinder TFSI with a displacement of 1.5 liters, delivering an output of 95 kW (130 hp) and 200 Nm (147.51 lb-ft) of torque
- The first electric motor (EM1) develops an output of 50 kW (68 hp) and 210 Nm (154.89 lb-ft) of torque, and acts primarily as a starter and an alternator
- The second electric motor (EM2) developing 85 kW (116 hp) and 250 Nm (184.39 lb-ft) of torque
- Altogether the system power is 130 kW (177 hp) and the Audi crosslane coupé sprints from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 8.6 seconds, and in pure electric mode takes 9.8 seconds. It has a top speed is 182 km/h (113.09 mph.
- The fuel consumption of this car is 1.1 liters per 100 km (213.81 US mpg) and it emits 26 grams per km (41.84 grams per mile) of CO2. The lithium-ion battery has an output of 17.4 kWh, sufficient for an operating range of around 86 km (53.44 miles) in the electric mode
- Two preset settings: Cruise and Race
- The 2+2-seater Audi crosslane coupé is 4.21 meters long (13.81 ft), 1.88 meters wide (6.17 ft) and 1.51 meters high (4.95 ft), with a wheelbase of 2.56 meters (8.40 ft)
Other features include:
- The dominating single-frame grille, which is subdivided into several segments by struts
- Trapezoidal headlights use Audi Matrix LED headlight technology, that allows the LEDs to be controlled individually and ensures precise positioning
- Large and smooth surfaced air-intakes
- Low greenhouse tapers into a very flat C-pillars, emphasizes the coupé-like character of the Audi crosslane coupé
- Long-way-extended doors
- Headlight inspired tail lights
- Aluminium deffuser on the rear bumper
- Light weight (less than 10 Kgs) and electrically controllable roof top
- Electrically Movable Trunk that protects luggage
- Electrically adjustable front seats with integrated head restraints
- The center console integrates a large selector lever, which is electrically extended when the car is started and is used to control the hybrid drive
- The spokes of the steering wheel incorporate control surfaces for the thumbs, which the driver can use to carry out most functions. The large touch-pad on the center console also allows to control these functions
- The air conditioning controls incorporate miniature displays
- The virtual displays in the instrument cluster can be toggled between two different levels, and a powermeter visualizes the drive system’s operating statuses
- The Audi crosslane coupé introduces new online services under the key word Audi connect. Its passengers are always connected to the Internet community – via Twitter, Facebook or by sending photos and videos recorded on the road.
- “Escape Manager” – a program passengers can use to review and comment on the routes they are driving for their friends.
- Use of velvet leather for finishing of the interior
- Dual tone shade in interior
Stay tuned to know about the production version and the possible launch date.
Keep Abreast | Like us on FaceBook