If you are considering buying a Mercedes, get ready to shell out more starting tomorrow. In an official word, Mercedes has conveyed that that they will be hiking the prices of all their cars (except one) from 01st September ie tomorrow.
All Mercedes cars will go dearer and the hike percentage ranges from 2.5% to a massive 4.5%. The reason given for the price hike is
Bottom line impacted by volatile exchange rates, higher import duty and increasing input cost
Indian Rupee has been found wanting against the popular exchange currency, the American Dollar which has resulted in manufacturers considering price hikes across segments including the regular ones.
Following is the price hike on Mercedes cars and their new ex-showroom Mumbai prices:
- Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI gets a 4% increase and now costs Rs 22.05 Lakhs
- Mercedes B-Class B180 CDI gets a 4% increase and now costs Rs 23.5 Lakhs
- Mercedes C-Class 200 CGI Avantgarde gets 2.5% increase and now costs Rs 32.35 Lakhs
- Mercedes E-Class 200 CGI Avantgarde gets 3.5% increase and now costs Rs 42.16 Lakhs
- Mercedes ML-Class 250 CDI gets a 4% increase and now costs Rs 50.98 Lakhs
The new GL-Class which has been rolled out from Mercedes’ Chakan factory a few days back with a price slash of approx Rs 5 Lakhs doesn’t get impacted by this price hike and you can get it for Rs 72.5 Lakhs ex-Mumbai.
However, Mercedes offers various financial solutions like ‘Flexinomics’ and ‘STAR Supersonic’ which can help you buy your Mercedes and the various service packages that are on offer take care of your car after you have bought it.