With the new Innova set to be unveiled internationally on November 23, 2015, more details about the upcoming car have come up thanks to the folks at Autocar Indonesia. The Innova is India’s largest selling MPV and despite its dated looks it still sells in hoardes!
The update will not just bring up a new exterior look for the MPV but Toyota will also be plonking new engines. A boost in terms of features, some very basic, is definitely expected!
Next-Gen Innova: List of Changes
Here is a ready reference to the list of all changes the new Innova will come with…
- The new Innova emerges bigger than the present version. Length has increased by 180 mm (4,735 mm), width by 60 mm (1,830 mm) and the overall height has been raised by 45 mm (1,795 mm) which should translate into better head room. The wheelbase though remains the same 2,750 mm.
- Indonesia will also see the introduction of the new 2.4 litre GD series engine which produces 147 bhp of maximum power, a boost of 45 bhp over the present gen 2.5 litre KD series mill. The engine will be mated with a 5 speed manual and 6 speed automatic gearbox which produces 342 Nm and 360 Nm of peak torque respectively.
- Interiors will get faux brush aluminium or faux woodgrain depending on the variant. It will also get leather upholstery, ambient LED mood lighting, multi-zone climate control and a cooled glovebox.
- A 7 inch touchscreen infotainment system will be standard across all trims with navigation, voice control and Bluetooth, top variants will also get SD card compatibility. A unique 8 inch entertainment system will also be available with HDMI input and support for in-car Wi-Fi.
- LED daytime running lamps along with LED head lights and tail lights will be beautifying the exteriors.
- Safety features include stability control, hill start assist and ABS. It also gets dual front, side and knee airbags.
Toyota India will also start the homologation process of the new Innova soon, however, its VP has told us that it will not be launched next year. So 2017 is when we expect both the new Fortuner and Innova to be sold here…