We ended our last scoop story on Maruti 800/Alto on the question mark over name. Here we have a comprehensive list of images spied by CarDekho.com which reveal many details about the car, obviously along with its name.
The new car would be called as Alto 800 as written at the back. The other changes as we have talked about in our earlier story are:
- Newly designed headlights and swept-back tail lamps.
- Decent looking boot-lid unlike A-Star or Swift.
- Hexagonal Air-Dam.
- Very small front grille with a single chrome-lining insert with the Suzuki logo at the middle.
- Side profile of the car looks good and mascular with the improved curves and shoulder-lining, ending at the tail lights.
- Large windows.
- New Wheel-Caps.
- Height of the car is better than Alto but doesn’t look like a proper Tall-Boy design like WagonR.
- The engine is expected to be a new 800 cc Petrol Mill, complying with recent emission norms.
Overall, the car resembles a lot like Indian A-Star. It looks more tom-boyish than tall-boyish. For everyone’s information Suzuki sells the A-Star as Alto in international markets. In India, Maruti sells two variants of Alto – the 800cc F8D and 1L K-series engine. The biggest question which remains to be seen is that if this is a Maruti 800 replacement or an Alto 800 replacement.
If we are given a leverage to guesstimate, then Maruti might introduce this variant as an 800 replacement at the same time pushing the existing Alto F8D more bare-bone which would enable them to reduce its prices a wee bit more.
This way they would have the current Alto taking the place of currrent 800 and this new model with all its glitz and new-ness taking the premium entry level place. We feel Maruti might be gunning the festive season for this cars launch to give it a zapping-throttle start.
A lot would become clear in the days to come. Meanwhile do check out the gallery below for more pics of the car.
Pics Source: CarDekho.com