BMW will launch the 1-Series in India on September 3 and the car will be pitched right under the throat of Mercedes A-Class. It will also come with a diesel and a petrol motor. Here we share with you some first hand information about the upcoming car:
- 1-Series will be a rear-wheel drive and will be launched with a TwinPower 4-cylinder Turbo diesel engine which will produce 143hp of power.
- 1-Series will get a Steptronic 8-speed Automatic Transmission.
- The diesel will come with an ARAI approved fuel efficiency figures of 20.58 kmpl for this diesel mill and 16.28kmpl for the petrol engine
- 1-Series diesel 118d will have a top speed of 212 kmph
The new 1-Series will get the following features:
- 50:50 Weight Distribution
- Auto Start/Stop function
- Servotronic with Electric Power Steering
- Intelligent Lightweight Construction
- Electric Seat with memory
- Best in class legroom and headroom (Claimed)
- Generous Luggage space
- Glass Roof in the Sport Line
- 6.5 inch full-color Central Information Display
- Hi-Fi Loudspeaker system
- Music interface for Smartphones
- Park Distance Control
The biggest point going in favor of the 1-Series is the local assembly in India against the CBU (Completely Built Unit) Mercedes A-Class. We expect BMW to significantly undercut the A-Class and launch it at a starting price tag of somewhere around Rs 18-20 Lakh.