At the ongoing SIAM Annual Convention in Delhi which is being attended by our correspondent Neelanjan, Chevrolet has teased the Indian version of new Beat hatchback which has already been confirmed for launch in 2017.
Ever since the Next-Gen Spark (international name of Beat) was unveiled, it was expected to make its way into India as well, however, a report confirmed that we will get our own version of the car and true to that story the silhouette of the new 2017 Indian Beat resembles the current production version but has a few traits of the international model.
Here are a few key pointers which we can notice..
- As a first the 2017 Beat retains the tall-boy design of the current car.
- The sweptback headlamps are all-new and do NOT resemble the international version (nor the current version on sale)
- The muscular bonnet creases have been retained.
- The nose carries heavy resemblance with the international version. It gets a sleeker grille but a bigger air-dam.
- Fog lamp housing also appears to have a resemblance with the international Beat.
- The tail lamps also are bulged out, like the international version.
- Roof-rails are absent in the teaser pic. They are not present in the international version as well, however, form an intrinsic design element of our current version of Beat.
This appears to be a nice design actually. The international version of Beat is not as striking as the Beat we have right now. Keeping the basic silhoutte similar, Chevrolet can add tidbits from the international version to make it a fresher car.
In terms of engines, the new 2017 Indian Beat may carry over the same set of motors. We are okay with the 1.0 Liter TDCI diesel but let us hope the 1.2 Liter petrol mill gets a makeover, or probably an altogether a new mill is introduced. Also remember, Chevrolet has confirmed that a compact sedan will be made out of this new Beat.