After getting spotted a lot many times under test by us, Chevrolet finally launches the Neo 3 officially. In fact we caught one mule testing yesterday at Mumbai Pune highway.
Anyways, finally GM India has launched the Tavera Neo 3. Well, we weren’t sure of the engine and transmission part of the MUV, however, we have already discussed about a few features of the New Tavera Neo 3.
Here are the features that weren’t in our last post:
- 2.0-Litre In-Line 4-Cylinder TCDi Diesel Engine equipped with VGT (Variable Geometry Turbocharger)
- Power: 106.8 PS @ 4000 RPM, Torque: 263.7 Nm @ 2500 RPM
- BS IV Emission Norms Compliant
- 5-Speed Manual Gearbox
- 12.2 kmpl (ARAI Tested)
- Attractive Body Graphics
- New 15-Inch 10-Spoke Alloy Wheels with 205/65 R15 Tyres
- Double Wishbone Suspension at Front axel
- Semi-Elliptical Leaf Spring Suspension at the Rear axel
- Rear Drum and Front Disc Brakes
- Aluminium Side Steps
- Two-Tone interiors
- Remote fuel filter
- Foldable rear seats
- Manually adjustable Driver’s seat
- Remote central locking
- Rear windscreen defogger with washer and wiper
- Chrome finish Door Handles
Prices of the variants (Ex-Showroom,Delhi):
- Tavera Neo 3 Standard ~ INR 7.51 Lakhs.
- Tavera Neo 3 Max ~ INR 8.37 Lakhs.
- Tavera Neo 3 LS ~ INR 9.15 Lakhs.
- Tavera Neo 3 LT ~ INR 10.34 Lakhs.
Mr. Lowell Paddock, GM India President and Managing Director said:
“GM engineers carried out an extensive upgrade of the popular Tavera based on customer feedback. It demonstrates GM India’s commitment to listening to our customers and continuously upgrading the products“.
The competition has become tougher for Tavera since its rivals, Tata Grande and Mahindra Scorpio EX has aggressive pricing and holding a good amount of market share as well. The other rivals like Mahindra Xylo and Toyota Innova have also gone through upgradation lately. One of it’s new rival, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is yet to hit the roads. GM India managed to sell only 10,983 units in last six months. We hope that customers react well on the New Tavera.
But how many of you think that Chevrolet has overestimated this MUVs price. The base variant is all bare bones without anything and priced at 7.51 Lakhs!