Chevrolet has started teasing what is one of the most important launches for them in the current times – The Sail U-VA hatch.
We have already talked a lot about the car through its spy pictures and other scoops, we, here list all the official bits that Chevrolet has revealed.
- Sail U-VA is based on global benchmark Chevy Design Philosophy
- Corvette inspired Dual Cockpit with dual tone interiors
- Dual-port chrome grille
- Gold Chevrolet bowtie
- Swank Hawk-wing inspired headlamps
- 12 Spoke 14 inch alloy wheels
- Sail U-VA is spacious with ‘Flex Flat’, 60:40 folding rear seats
- Centrally placed fuel tank
- Total boot space after folding seats is 1134 liters
- Remote keyless entry, dual airbags, ABS, EBD etc
Sail U-VA would be available in both diesel and petrol options. The ubiquitous 1.3L multijet diesel engine which GM calls as SMARTECH, finds its application on the Sail U-VA. With 205Nm of torque, it is the most torquey B-segment hatchback in the country. Sail also returns a fuel efficiency of 22.1 kmpl which is ARAI certified. The same Beat’s 1.2L petrol engine does duty on Sail petrol as well.
Chevrolet Sail U-VA Launch
The most important factor which would decide Sail’s performance at the sales charts would be its price. Chevrolet has two things to work on – ONE: It has to keep Sail at a decent distance from Beat. TWO: It has to keep it under the renowned brands to initiate a VFM feeling among the masses, the same which Ford did with Figo.
An apt starting price tag for the diesel Sail would be somewhere around or slightly above the new Figo. Let’s wait till 2nd November which is when Chevrolet would officially launch the car and reveal the prices.
We would be covering the event with live updates. Stay tuned!
Check out Chevrolet Sail U-VA’s Gallery here
Chevrolet Sail Teaser Video