Without making a big fuss of letting many test mules scooped, General Motors launched an improvised Tavera which is now named as Tavera Neo 3. Ironically this comes a day earlier when Mahindra is scheduled to launch its rival Xylo in a new avatar.
Changes in Neo 3:
- New Engine: Neo 3 is powered by a BS 4 compliant 2 Liter TCDi engine producing 106.8 PS @ 400 RPM & 263.7 Nm of tourque at 2500 RPM.
- This new engine is sourced from ICML Sonalika and the older BS3 2.5 Liter 78 BHP, 186 Nm engine will also be continued which would take care of the taxi segment.
- New Headlamps
- New Alloy wheels
- More chrome work
- Dual cockpit design
- 3 spoke small diameter steering wheel
- New blue lit instrumentation
- Price start at 6.72 lakhs for the NEO 3 BS3 (10 seater) variant and go all the way to 10.02 lakhs for the top end BS4 LT variant (7 seater).