New Captiva was the hot find for maximum crowd at the Auto Expo. I had a tough time capturing a single click when the junta was not visible much. This would be the same Captiva General Motors would be launching in March this year.
- The new SUV looks bulkier and more masculine. It looks aggressive and has improved overall quality.
- New Captiva will have a more powerful 2.2 Liter diesel engine from the current 2.0L
- Like the current model, the newer one will continue to import the SUV’s engine as a CBU from GM South Korea.
- GM will switch to local manufacturing if and when they see a major volume play to their new SUV.
- There would be an approximate price increase of 1.5-2 lakhs on the current model to make the SUV sell in the range of 20-22 lakhs from the current 18.48-20.2 lakhs.
- GM is targeting the fast growing premium SUV market. Fortuner is the segment leader here with 900 units per month. With the new launch GM expects to grow from its present 100 per month figure.
I have seen the SUV in person at the Auto Expo 2012 and rest assured it looks fantastic. Ride and engine will determine this car’s fortunes.
Source : Mydigitalfc.com