The launch of Ciaz at interesting price points has triggered another very important price war in the fierce C2 sedan segment. Without waiting a wee bit, let us share with you a comprehensive price comparo report of all the prominent sedans available in this segment, and there are 9 of them here…
CIAZ vs City vs Verna vs Fiesta vs Other C2 Sedans: PRICE COMPARISON CHART
|CAR||Petrol Model Prices||Diesel Model Prices|
|New Honda City||Rs 7.20 lakhs to Rs 10.96 lakhs||Rs 8.38 lakhs to Rs 11.05 lakhs|
|Hyundai Verna||Rs 7.39 lakhs to Rs 9.73 lakhs||Rs 8.56 lakhs to Rs 11.73 lakhs|
|Fiat Linea||Rs 7.00 lakhs to Rs 9.03 lakhs||Rs 8.17 lakhs to Rs 9.74 lakhs|
|Volkswagen Vento||Rs 7.44 lakhs to Rs 9.92 lakhs||Rs 8.57 lakhs to Rs 10.94 lakhs|
|Skoda Rapid||Rs 7.22 lakhs to Rs 9.82 lakhs||Rs 8.39 lakhs to Rs 10.97 lakhs|
|Ford Fiesta||No Petrol Model on Offer||Rs 7.87 lakhs to Rs 9.44 lakhs|
|Renault Scala||Rs 7.24 lakhs to Rs 10.61 lakhs||Rs 8.35 lakhs to Rs 10.29 lakhs|
|Nissan Sunny||Rs 6.99 lakhs to Rs 9.06 lakhs||Rs 8.13 lakhs to Rs 9.77 lakhs|
|Maruti Suzuki Ciaz||Rs 6.99 lakhs to Rs Rs 9.34 lakhs||Rs 8.04 lakhs to Rs 9.80 lakhs|
*all prices mentioned here are ex-showroom, Delhi
Quick Key Pointers
- Along with Nissan Sunny, Ciaz is the cheapest petrol sedan in this segment at Rs 6.99 Lakhs for the entry level variants (Ciaz gets projectors even in base variant). Sunny is about half a segment lesser than the other cars here…
- Vento petrol has the highest starting price tag of Rs 7.44 Lakhs, followed by Verna at Rs 7.39 Lakhs.
- Honda City’s top variant is the costliest of the lot at almost 11 Lakhs, followed by (surprise) Scala at Rs 10.61 Lakhs. City also has the largest price band here.
- There is no petrol Fiesta on offer, otherwise, it would have become the most affordable petrol car in this segment.
- For diesels, new Fiesta is the cheapest car you can buy and at Rs 7.87 Lakhs, it is priced fantastically well. New Fiesta is the only car which comes under 8 Lakhs.
- Ciaz diesel is also priced well and gets the second most affordable price tag in the lineup.
- Verna and Vento diesel have the highest entry price tags at over Rs 8.5 Lakhs.
- Verna has the costliest top of the line model and along with New City, they are the only two cars which have top variants over Rs 11 Lakhs.
- Even for the top of the line, Fiesta diesel has the most affordable highest variant, although it is not very loaded.
- The pricing of Rapid and Vento is confusing as both of them end up at almost similar price points, unlike the Sunny-Scala duo which have real different pricing levels.
This list obviously doesn’t talk about the variants and the various features these cars come loaded with. However, it does sum up how all the cars in this mid sized sedan segment stack up vis-a-vis each other.