Maruti Suzuki’s association with motorsports in India is a strong 15 year old affair now. Reiterating this commitment, the company has flagged off the 13th Desert Storm motor rally.
Covering the most scenic and remote areas of Rajasthan, participants will be covering over 2,300 km in this edition of Desert Storm. Designed to be action packed, motorsport enthusiasts will drive on the intimidating sand dunes and rough terrains, experiencing Rajasthan’s pristine and attractive beauty.
Pegged as one of India’s greatest motor events, the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm will cover cities such as Sardarshahar, Jaisalmer and Bikaner before concluding in the pink city of Jaipur. Over 130 motorsports enthusiasts will be participating in this year’s edition which will be spread across four categories: XTreme, NDure XPlore and Moto Quad.
The six day journey will be spread across:
- Leg 1: The main rally will start from Sardarshahar. It will see 130 motorsports enthusiasts participating in the 150 km long and challenging night-stage.
- Leg 2: Rallyists will compete at a scorching pace and drive on the roads of Sardarshahar towards sandy Bikaner competing on the rough terrains while conquering the desert region.
- Leg 3: Keeping the spirit of adventure going, the rally will continue its journey, early morning, to the sleepy desert city of Jaisalmer. Reaching the mid-point of the rally, the motorist’s determination and confidence will be at peak
- Leg 4: The Storm will then come back to Bikaner, the royal fortified city with a timeless appeal
- Leg 5: Finally, the adventurous rally will come to an end in the ancient city of Jaipur where the winner will be announced. In all, Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm rally will cover over 2300 kms from Sardarshahar to Jaipur.
List of participants will include Suresh Rana, the three time winner attempting to be 4th time lucky in his Grand Vitara in the XTreme category, and the Dakar Rally finisher CS Santosh who will be defending his title in the Moto class.