At a glittering function in Kingdom of Dreams, Delhi, Nissan premiered their budget brand – Datsun to the world. Nissan’s top boss Carlos Ghosn presided over the proceedings and unveiled company’s first car that will come under the Datsun brand – GO.
Here are all the details from the launch and about the new car GO.
Details About Datsun & Launch:
- After hanging the boots in 1980s, Nissan has awakened the brand specifically for developing markets of India, Indonesia, Russia and South Africa.
- Nissan promotes Datsun as Dream.Access and Trust which is also the full form of D.A.T.
- Datsun is Nissan Motor’s third brand apart from Nissan and Infiniti.
- Nissan promises a worry-free ownership experience which will include competitive total cost, accessible services transparent pricing and dealership proximity.
- Datsun cars models will be different based on the country, however the basic concept will remain the same.
Information on Datsun GO:
- Datsun GO will be company’s first car for this new century.
- ‘GO’ name is inspired by the first Datsun car – DAT-GO which was launched in 1914.
- GO’s styling was done in Nissan’s Global Design Center in Japan.
- Datsun GO’s R&D and Engineering development has been carried out in India.
- GO will be produced at Renault-Nissan’s Oragadam plant in Chennai.
- Datsun GO will be launched in India in early 2014.
- GO is a regular 5-door front-wheel drive hatchback
- Though it has not been made specific, but it is evident that GO will share its 1.2L petrol engine with sibling Micra.
- GO is mated to a 5-speed transmission.
- GO will come with a Mobile Docking Station which can be connected to the user’s smartphones.
- Apart from India, Datsun GO will be launched in Indonesia, Russia and South Africa.
Datsun GO vs New Micra vs Micra Active
|GO vs Micra vs Micra Active|
|SPECIFICATIONS||GO||MICRA ACTIVE||NEW MICRA|
|Transmission||5-speed Manual||5-speed Manual||5-speed Manual|
As you can see, GO is almost as long as the Micra Active whereas it is slightly shorter on the remaining dimensions. However, despite this shortage, GO retains the 2450mm wheelbase which means Datsun has really tried to make interiors as roomier as possible.
Since this will be Datsun’s first product in India, public response to GO will definitely be something the company will really be looking forward to with all fingers crossed. Since Micra Active starts at Rs 3.5 Lakh ex-showroom in Delhi, we will really hope Nissan to price Datsun GO at around the Rs 3 Lakh price bracket which will give it a real price, space, engine advantage at the upfront from its rivals in that category.
Datsun GO Picture Gallery