Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the new 2016 Ertiga facelift in India and it looks a lot more contemporary than the outgoing version. Among the major changes it gets refreshed looks, higher fuel efficiency and a new base variant. Here is a list of all the key changes and features along with its variantwise prices…
New Ertiga Facelift: Key Pointers
- DDIS 200 Diesel engine gets Suzuki’s hybrid system – SHVS resulting in a fuel efficiency increment.
- Petrol engine also gets an enhancement in fuel economy.
- Refreshed front and rear looks
- Gets new LXI (O) and LDI (O) variants which get ABS and dual airbags.
- Maruti says, they have sold over 2.25 Lakh Ertigas so far in the domestic market and they have a share of over 20 percent in the MPV segment.
- With this launch, Ertiga becomes the second car in the lineup to get SHVS, the first being Ciaz.
New Ertiga Engine & Fuel Economy
The 1.3 liter DDIS 200 diesel engine churns out 200 Nm of torque at 1750 rpm and 90 PS of peak power at 4000 rpm. With the SHVS technology, fuel economy has risen by 18 percent and the new Ertiga diesel is rated at 24.52 kmpl.
The 1.4 Liter K-Series petrol engine produces 93 PS of maximum power at 6000 rpm and 130 Nm of peak torque at 4000 rpm. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission as well as a 4-speed automatic tyranny (and yes there is no AMT as was speculated). Fuel efficiency has been increased to 17.50 kmpl for the manual version and 17.03 kmpl for the automatic version.
New Ertiga Variants & Price
The 2016 Ertiga is available in a total of 11 variants and here the respective prices…
- Ertiga LXI Petrol: Rs 5,99,907
- Ertiga LXI (O) Petrol: Rs 6,35,339
- Ertiga VXI Petrol: Rs 7,26,257
- Ertiga ZXI Petrol: Rs 7,85,561
- Ertiga ZXI+ Petrol: Rs 8,42,572
- Ertiga VXI Petrol AT: Rs 8,26,257
- Ertiga LDI SHVS Diesel: Rs 7,55,826
- Ertiga LDI (O) SHVS Diesel: Rs 7,62,778
- Ertiga VDI SHVS Diesel: Rs 8,26,300
- Ertiga ZDI SHVS Diesel: Rs 8,82,540
- Ertiga ZDI+ SHVS Diesel: Rs 9,25,358
New Ertiga’s Colors
2016 Ertiga facelift is available in 6 color options including two new shades…
- Radient Beige (New)
- Pearl Blue Blaze (New)
- Serene Blue
- Granite Grey
- Silky Silver
- Superior White
The next salvo from Maruti is the all-new Baleno which is also scheduled for a grand launch sometime this month.