We have been bringing you scoops regularly and at a rapid pace. This time we have caught the soon to be launched SAIL sedan testing in Pune. We caught the car at Baner Road, Pune.
Details grabbed from the pics:
- The boot doesn’t look bigger in size and this car is more of an entry level sedan.
- Chevy might be looking at changing the current Aveo sedan and this SAIL would then lock horns with the likes of Maruti DZIRE, Mahindra’s Verito, Nissan Sunny, Ford Fiesta Classic, Hyundai’s Accent, Indica Manza and Toyota Etios.
- The white car we spotted bore a Gujarat no plate. There were two people on board and a Chevy Cruze following them. It was under the wraps from the front and rear. The interiors looked good in quality as has been the case with Chevy of late at least. The car was also loaded with AirBags at least for the front passenger side (There was a badging of ‘Airbags’).
- There seemed ample amount of room at the front while the rear legroom was just decent.
- Interiors were all black as can be spotted in the pics.
It seems Chevy is going to launch this pretty soon. And what we understand is that SAIL sedan might be powered by the BEAT’s 1.2 liter petrol engine which produces 79 bhp of power and 11Kgm of torque. This car we spotted was the petrol variant which Chevy is planning to launch first. Diesel will follow after some time with the FIAT sourced Multijet engine.
We expect the SAIL hatch to hit the roads sooner than this sedan.
Stay tuned to MotorBash as we bring all the ‘bash’ and other happenings around the scooping automotive world