MotorBash.com brought to you the first ever spyshots of the new much-awaited 2014 Linea facelift on 13th August which was caught testing on our soil for the first time ever.
To build upon our scoop, we share with you a pic which sneaks into the interiors of the car. Not much is visible, but let us see what all we can decipher from this spy picture we have.
1. The bulged up instrument panel cluster hood. Also visible is the minor curvier crease that runs over it.
2. The dashboard appears to be pretty much similar to the international model. We can see the minor bulge of the cubby-hole above the central AC vents (pic above) and combination of beige and black. In all probability, it will be the same three-layered.
3. A placeholder for the new integrated audio system below the central AC vents is present, however, this mule doesn’t carry an audio system in this mule and instead are visible some wires coming out of it.
4. The instrument panel cluster comes with stylish recessed dials with chrome tips. This mule carries them.
5. The seats are covered in plastic and are beige colored. The international model carries a combo of beige and brown and these may just be similar.
6. The interiors are done in two tone, at least the doors are. There is the combination of black outer with beige colored inners on the doors. Following pic details…
2014 Linea Exteriors
We have already discussed the exterior changes. Let us list them as a refresher:
- New Front grille
- New fog lamp housings
- Restyled front and rear bumpers
- Number plate mounting moves up onto the bootlid
- New face with a chrome line running across.
New 2014 Linea Facelift Engines:
Interestingly, apart from the changes to the looks of the car, New 2014 Linea will come with a new set of engines:
- 1.6L Multijet Diesel: Yes, this is no speculation and Fiat has officially confirmed the 1.6L turbocharged motor to do duty on the new Linea. (Read more on engines)
- 1.4L Turbocharged Petrol: Ditching the naturally aspirated motor (for the Linea Classic), the 2014 Linea will come with the performance oriented 1.4L turbocharged petrol engine only.
New 2014 Fiat Launch:
After all this, the next question is when is it launching. Fiat will launch this new Linea towards the early months of next year. Fiat has also cleared that the current Linea will be rebranded as Linea Classic in India towards the end of this year and will be repositioned as an entry level C-segment sedan. Whereas this new 2014 Linea will be positioned in the higher C-segment against Verna, Next-Gen City as well as the new upcoming Fiesta facelift.
Keep tuned to MotorBash as we try to dig deeper and bring you all the latest…