We appear to have the knack of predicting what goes inside the minds of company honchos. We predicted an exact price tag of Rs 5.99 Lakh for Linea Classic a few days back and now it goes official.
Fiat has launched the Linea Classic, a downgraded version of Linea at Rs 5.99 Lakhs making it a very interesting preposition in the segment. Let us list all the important pointers from the launch.
- The launch took place at Fiat Caffe in Delhi
- Engine options are the same 1.4L FIRE Petrol and 1.3L Multijet Diesel.
- There are actually two models – Classic and Classic+
- Classic comes with both the 1.3L Diesel and 1.4L Petrol engines whereas Classic+ is available only with the 1.3L diesel engine.
- The big difference is that the diesel engine now produces 75PS and comes in FGT (Fixed Geometry Turbo). The petrol engine continues in the same tune of 88PS!
- Fiat claims that Linea Classic is the longest car in its price segment and they are correct
- Linea range starts from Rs 5.99 Lakhs now against the 7.12 Lakh earlier
- Linea Classic will form the lower C segment sedan for Fiat and it will be joined by Linea facelift early next year (which is already under tests)
Linea Classic Features
- Hydraulic Power Steering
- Programmable Speed Limit Buzzer
- Dual Parabola Headlamps
- Fire Prevention System
- All four power windows
Linea Classic misses out on many features like airbags, beige colored dashboard, Steering mounted Audio controls, alloy wheels etc.
Linea Classic Variants & Price
- 1.4L Petrol Classic: Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 1.3L Multijet Classic: Rs 6.96 Lakh
- 1.3L Multijet Classic+: Rs 7.51 Lakh
Linea Classic Color Options:
Fiat is offering the Linea Classic in 5 color options:
- Oceanic Blue
- Tuscan Wine
- Minimal Grey
- Hip Hop Black
- Pearl White
A detailed report with high resolution pictures along with many more details will be shared shortly. Keep tuned.
Fiat Linea Classic Pics & Press Release