It appears Fiat is bracing up real hard for a shot at the higher C-segment. Their Linea facelift is being prepared and has been spied testing again in Pune.
If you are an avid MotorBash reader, you were the first one to know about the Linea facelift as we busted the first ever shots of the car from India on 13th August this year. Since then, this facelifted Linea has been spotted a zillion times.
In a latest, Mr. Snatak Mundada, an Indianautosblog.com reader, spotted this mule somewhere around Pune. It is already known that the Fiat Linea facelift will get a completely retouched rear profile.
Here is the list of changes :
- The registration plate will be placed on the bootlid, instead of the current bumper-position.
- The bootlid will be redesigned.
- The rear bumper will see the addition of thick chrome bar.
The front of the facelifted Linea will feature a newer bumper. It will carry chrome highlights, as well as a newer engine grille. The engine grille will carry two horizontal slats, and the new Linea will also receive a new design for the alloy wheels.
The refreshed Linea will also get a few changes to the interiors. Here they are :
- Fresh center-console
- Redesigned Instrument Cluster Surrounds
- New Design for the dashboard
- Aircon-Vents, Music System and Control Dials are now far away from each other
New 2014 Linea facelift will feature 2 Engine options:
- 1.4-liter turbocharged T-JET engine as the petrol offering
- 1.6-liter MultiJet engine as the Diesel offering
The above have already been confirmed by Fiat India (Details here). However, in an interesting catch, 3 test mules of facelifted Linea were caught very recently. In a pure speculation, there might be a possibility of Fiat also using the 1.3L multijet which it uses in the current Linea as well.
Launch of the car is also confirmed by Fiat. It will come during the early part of 2014 and we expect a 2014 Delhi Auto Expo unveiling to the crowd!