Ford is about to launch the Automatic variant of its not-so-great seller new Fiesta on 28th February. The AT would be available only on the top end version of petrol Fiesta. There is no diesel option. It would be a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. No info has been shared regarding the price of the car
Ford has also updated its site regarding this variant.
Features of the AT variant:
- Dual Clutch : Dual Clutch provides smoother transition between gears
- 6-speed : An optimum gear-speed ratio
- Fuel Efficiency: As per ARAI data Fiesta AT returns 16.97 kmpl which is among the best in Automatics
- Creep Function: Through the Creep function, the car moves forward and the drives controls through brake only.
- Zero Maintenance: Zero Maintenance sealed transmission unit and Ford claims no maintenance for 10 years or 2,40,000 kms
- Hill/Grade Assist: Hill Assist feature minimizes roll-back by holding the car in place for upto 2.5 seconds when you shift your foot from the brake to the accelerator. The Grade Assist button allows the user to move down a slope at a speed of his convenience without using the brakes.