Apart from their game changing EcoSport compact SUV that is going to be launched very soon, Ford is also working on a small car that is codenamed as B562.
Through one of our source, we have come to know the following bits about Ford’s new car:
- This hatchback is expected to be a rival to the Hyundai i10 and others and will compete in the compact small cars segment.
- It will be built on an all-new platform
- It will get 1.0L turbocharged EcoBoost petrol motor apart from a diesel engine(s).
- The car will be manufactured at Ford’s new Gujarat plant
- Launch is still some time away.
- In all probability, this will replace the current-gen Figo
Now the most important bit here is that, there are bright chances that Ford’s B562 might globally launch from India first. This global car will be aimed for many other emerging markets of the world like Brazil, China and others. Progress on the new compact car is already underway and it is expected to hit our shores sometime towards the end of 2014 or 2015.