Honda India has launched Honda Connect, an advanced information device which will connect a customer with his car, his family and Honda. Priced at Rs 2,999 (for first 20,000 units only) the Honda Connect app and its connected device will be offered to all new customers of Honda Jazz, City and CR-V. This includes a free one month subscription package which will be followed by an annual charge of Rs 2,500.
The device has been developed in collaboration with Minda and will be fitted at the dealership under the bonnet. The application for your mobile phone can be downloaded from Apple App Store and Google Play Store. The launch marks the 20th anniversary of Honda entering India since when the Japanese manufacturer has sold over 1 million cars.
The device and the application will help in transmitting useful information about the car to your phone. Here’s what it’s all about:
- Service Booking/ Alerts: It enables a customer to get push notifications about their vehicle’s maintenance. This includes periodic service alerts, scheduling online service appointments, building a detailed history of each maintenance action taken on the vehicle.
- What’s new and Feedback System: It allows the users to get updates on new products and campaigns being offered by Honda. Also the users can give feedback directly to the company.
- Manual SOS feature: When customers find themselves in an unpleasant situation, the manual SOS feature, in just a simple click, will let the friends and family know their location.
- Pit Stops: This feature will let you search for the nearest Honda dealer or fuel station on a real time basis with navigation assistance anywhere and anytime in the country.
- Insurance and PUC renewal: Reminders about necessities such as car insurance and PUC renewal.
- Document Wallet: This allows the customers to keep important document photos related to their car digitally.
- Fuel Log : This records information such as when the vehicle is refuelled and shows fuel economy figures, based on the fuel filled and odometer reading.
Safety and sense of Security – Connected Car features (available only after installation of connected device)
This includes some handy features like Impact alert, locate my car, trip analysis, my car’s health and share my location.