We saw it coming and here it is! One of the most awaited Automatic hatchbacks in India, Honda Brio AT is here and how!
With this, Honda has also announced a few changes and inclusions to its Brio variants lineup in India. Let us first talk in depth about Brio Automatic.
Here is what Brio Automatic is:
- Brio AT comes in two trims- lower ‘S‘ (infact S(O) to be precise) and the top ‘V‘
- Brio AT comes with a 5-speed Automatic Transmission and in the process becoming the only one in the segment.
- Brio AT is powered by the same 1.2-Litre i-VTEC petrol engine which produces 88 PS of power @ 6,000 RPM and 109 Nm of torque at 4,500 RPM.
- Brio AT has an ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 16.5 kmpl compared to 19.3kmpl for manual Brio
- The 5-Speed Automatic Gearbox of Brio has a direct co-ordination control function with Drive By Wire (DBW) technology which ensures smooth gear operations.
Here’s what the 7 Positions of the Brio AT Gear Shifter means:
- P – Park : Used when parking or starting the engine
- R – Reverse : Used when Reversing
- N – Neutral : Used when idling
- D – Drive : (1st through 5th) Normal driving; starts off in 1st, shifts automatically to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then 5th, depending on vehicle speed and accelerator pedal position
- D3 – Drive (D3) : (1st through 3rd) Used for rapid acceleration at highway speeds and general driving, up-hill and down-hill driving; starts off in 1st, shifts automatically to 2nd, then 3rd, depending on vehicle speed and accelerator pedal position.
- 2 – Second : Used for engine braking or better traction starting off on loose or slippery surfaces; stays in 2ndgear and does not shift up and down.
- 1 – First : Used for engine braking; stays in 1st gear, does not shift up.
BRIO AT PRICE (Ex-showroom, Delhi):
- Brio S(O) AT: Rs. 5.74 Lakhs
- Brio V AT: Rs. 5.99 Lakhs
- 1 Din audio system with AM/FM, mp3, USB and Aux-in support and front speakers
- Body Coloured Outside Rear View Mirrors
- Body Colored Outside Door Handles
- Door CTR Sash tape
- Priced at 4.26 Lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
The Brio S has also got some tweaks added. It has got Power Adjustable Outside Rear View Mirrors along with Front & Rear mud guards for added convenience.
Honda has also introduced “Honda Care Maintenance Package (HCMP)” which is free periodic maintenance service up to 40,000 kms or 2 years (whichever occurs earlier). The customer can buy HCMP package at just Rs.9,996 only.
Brio AT locks horns with A-Star AT and more appropriately the Hyundai i10 AT and looks a likely champion here.