It seems we have a date to talk about for the most anticipated launch of Honda’s first diesel car in India, Amaze – the compact sedan version of Brio hatch.
During the launch of the latest CR-V, Honda did reveal that Amaze would be launched in April. Apart from Motor Vikatan‘s report of Honda’s plans to launch Amaze on the 18th of April, Autocar India says that Amaze will be launched on Tuesday, 11th of April which is barely a month away. We also have dealership pics of the car which reveal a lot of details of the Indian version.
Both the dates are barely a couple of days here and there and we will come to know about the actuals soon. But what is sure is that the launch will happen sometime during that week only.
Honda Amaze in the nutshell
- Amaze will be the first Honda car that will come with a diesel engine in India
- With Amaze, Honda will debut their 1.5L EarthDreams diesel engine specifically made for India-type of countries.
- Amaze will be a sub 4 meter car and hence will avail the lesser 12 percent duty
- Though specifications are not yet known, but according to us there might be two tunes of this diesel engine. One doing on the Amaze might be a fuel-efficiency focused engine producing 80-85bhp of power and 200Nm of torque (Details). Another one with a higher 100bhps might also be there to find application in the next gen City due in 2014.
- It is also expected that Honda might be testing a 3-cylinder 1.2L version of this engine on the Brio hatch (check spyshots).
- Amaze, will go head-on against the segment leader, Dzire and the upcoming Mahindra Verito Compact Sedan.
- Honda is also reportedly planning to price Amaze aggressively
Amaze is one of the 5 upcoming compact sedans in India this year.
Check Out: Loads of Pictures of Honda Amaze