This is Honda’s way of cashing in on the brighter buying sentiments during the festive season. The Brio AT would come with the same 1.2L 88PS peppy petrol engine.
Here are a few important pointers of Brio AT..
- Brio AT will sport a 5-speed Automatic gearbox similar to the City AT with altered gear ratios.
- Brio AT is expected to be offered in ‘S’ and ‘V’ variants.
- It is expected that Honda would charge a premium of around 60,000 to 80,000 on the AT versions over the corresponding Manual versions.
- The Brio AT would go head-on with A-Star AT and Hyundai i10 AT.
- All other specifications are expected to remain the same
- Brio Automatic returns a fuel efficiency of 16.5kmpl in IDC (Indian Driving Cycle) which is lower by 2.9kmpl over the 19.4kmpl of manual version.
- In Thailand Honda uses a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) gearbox for Brio, however Indian Brio gets a regular 5-speed gearbox which is driven by torque converter.
Now, we all know how fantastic a city car the cute little Brio is. It would be worth a definite wait to see how would the Brio AT drive. If we are allowed to hope, we are awaiting one of the best small AT hatch in India.
But what the whole India is waiting for is the diesel Brio which has been spotted many times pan India under test. Honda is also working in a compact sedan version of Brio which, according to latest developments, is coming sooner than the diesel hatch. There is a lot happening at Honda’s camp for sure..
Keep Abreast | Like us on FaceBook
Source: AutoCar India