So, everything prior to its launch – rave media reviews, right amount of positive hype etc, was going in its favor but suddenly, wait for one of the most awaited compact SUV has turned out to be a damp squib with greed taking precedence over sensibilities…
At an event in Delhi today, Hyundai has launched its Duster-rivaling compact SUV Creta at prices which could potentially kill the product after the initial hype. Looks like Hyundai went too overconfident with the super-success of Grand i10 and new Elite i20. Anyways, here are the important pointers and features of the SUV…
- Hyundai is offering Creta in 10 variants – 3 in Petrol and 7 in diesel
- 6 airbags which is best in class for sure
- It gets 3 years and unlimited kilometers of warranty
- First in class – automatic transmission in diesel
- Hyundai claims a strong body structure for Creta
- Leather seats
- Fully automatic temperature control
- Rear AC vents
- Smart key with push button start
- Steering mounted audio and bluetooth controls
- 1 GB internal memory
- 7 inch Audio Video Navigation system
- 5 inch touch screen audio system
Creta measures 4270 mm in length, 1780 mm in width and is 1630 mm high. It has a wheelbase of 2590 mm and the top variant comes with 215/60 17 inch tyres. All other variants get 16 inchers. In terms of ground clearance, it stands 190 mm high!
Creta Engine Options
There are 2 diesel engines and 1 petrol engine on offer. Here are more details on them…
- 1.6 L Gamma Dual VTVT Petrol Engine: It churns out 123 PS of peak power at 6400 rpm and 15.4 Kgm of max torque at 4850 rpm.
- 1.4 L U2 CRDi diesel engine: This is the same motor which does duty on the i20 and produces 90 PS of maximum power at 4000 rpm and 22.4 Nm of peak torque between 1500 to 2750 rpm.
- 1.6 L U2 CRDi diesel engine: This engine is again shared from Verna and produces 128 PS of maximum power at 4000 rpm and 26.5 Nm of peak torque between 1900 to 2750 rpm. It also comes mated to a segment first 6-speed automatic transmission apart from the regular 6-speed manual tyranny!
Creta Variants & Prices
Here are the 10 variants of Creta and their respective prices…
- Hyundai Creta 1.6L L : Rs Rs 8,59,558
- Hyundai Creta 1.6L S : Rs 9,57,062
- Hyundai Creta 1.6L SX+ : Rs 11,19,548
- Hyundai Creta 1.4L L : Rs 9,46,939
- Hyundai Creta 1.4L S : Rs 10,42,225
- Hyundai Creta 1.4L S+ : Rs 11,45,030
- Hyundai Creta 1.6L SX: Rs 11,59,971
- Hyundai Creta 1.6L SX+ : Rs 12,67,770
- Hyundai Creta 1.6L SX+ AT : Rs 13,57,770
- Hyundai Creta 1.6L SX (O): Rs 13,60,156
*all prices ex-showroom in Delhi
So, if you were considering buying the diesel, even the base variant will cost over 10 Lakhs on road and if you happen to live in costlier cities like Mumbai, Bangalore for a bare bones entry L, you may have to shell out something precariously close to 11!
There is NO four wheel drive variant on offer and the lone automatic is offered in the second-top variant which will again be very close to or over 15 Lakhs in costlier metros!