We all were speculating about possible launch dates of this car but as it turned out to be, Hyundai decided to launch the new without any fanfare. Showcased at the recently held Geneva Auto Show, the new fluidic i20 is launched in India at a price band of 4.73 – 7.67 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi and is referred to as the i-Gen i20 by Hyundai.
The new i20 definitely find its cues inspired from the company’s fluidic design theme. The front styling has been changed and it looks sportier than the discontinued variant.
- Meaner looks
- New front and rear bumpers
- Smaller but more stylish headlamps
- Broader chin
- Hexagonal Grille
- Changed fog-lamp housing
- redesigned rear tail lamps
- Side indicators integrated in the RVMs
- Eight Spoke Alloy Wheels
- Rear spoiler with integrated stop lamp
Engine Options & Fuel Efficiency:
i-Gen i20 comes in 3 engine options, 2 Petrol and 1 Diesel
- New 1.2L 84bhp Kappa Petrol engine with Dual VTVT paired to a 5-speed Manual gearbox. This engine has an ARAI fuel efficiency of 18.5 kmpl.
- 1.4L 98bhp Gamma Petrol Engine mated to a 5-speed Automatic Gearbox. According to ARAI, this engine has an efficiency of 15 kmpl
- 1.4L 88bhp CRDi Diesel Engine mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. This is the most frugal of all the engines. As per ARAI figures, this engine can run for 21.9kms for every liter of fuel.
Features of i-Gen i20
- Auto Headlights
- Rain-Sensing wipers
- Electro Chromic Anti-Glare mirror
- Anti-cluster ionizer
- Supervision Cluster
- Six airbags
- All 4 wheel disc brakes
- Reverse Camera with display on the cabin mirror
- 2DIN CD/MP3 Audio player with 4 speakers, aux-in, USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- Smart Pedal
- Driver seat armrest
- 60:40 split seat
- Speed sensing auto door lock
- Steering Mounted audio controls
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Smart Key with push button start
- Electric folding and heated wing mirrors
- Leather strapped steering wheel and gear knob
Variants & Price:
Hyundai has offered the new i20 in 7 Petrol variants and 5 Diesel trims, a total of 12 variants. Price starts from Rs 4,73,400 and goes all the way to Rs 7,67,405. Petrol variants could be had from 4.73 lakh till 7.67 lakhs and diesels form the price band of 5.96 lakhs to 7.44 lakhs. Ironically, Diesel to petrol – variant to variant, there is exactly a difference of 1.23 lakhs respectively. Please find the pic below which details all the variants on offer along with their respective prices.